Zip code area covered

SmithBarney

Musta been 400 envelopes, ;) not sure where I'd put 400 stops...unless you are in one of those elusive 1300s(or 1100s can't remember the size) during peak I hit 285, and there wasn't a bit of room left in my shiny new 2015 Sprinter ;)

Musta been 400 envelopes, ;) not sure where I'd put 400 stops...unless you are in one of those elusive 1300s(or 1100s can't remember the size) during peak I hit 285, and there wasn't a bit of room left in my shiny new 2015 Sprinter ;)
Haha no not 400 envelopes. I would brick out my p700 and then get "shuttled" the rest of packages that was enough to nearly brick the truck out all over again.

image.jpeg

12yearsaslave

Getting a Sprinter right now is a bold move indeed. Let me know if you want to buy another one, I am getting rid of all of mine.

bacha29

Getting a Sprinter right now is a bold move indeed. Let me know if you want to buy another one, I am getting rid of all of mine.
Seriously what is the matter with those things?. I haven't heard a good word about them. From special tools required to work on them to new dealers who refuse to sell them to used truck dealers who won't take them on trade. I know one thing out in back country where I ran they didn't last long.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Seriously what is the matter with those things?. I haven't heard a good word about them. From special tools required to work on them to new dealers who refuse to sell them to used truck dealers who won't take them on trade. I know one thing out in back country where I ran they didn't last long.
And they really suck on snow and ice. Another one of Fred's follies.

bacha29

And they really suck on snow and ice. Another one of Fred's follies.
Just like big bobsleds. You say stop it says...." when". You turn . It says. ......" Does it matter which direction?" So all you can do is to ask that it be quick and painless and cleaning you up's a hose job. And those short hoods are like the old cab overs. You're always the first one at the scene of an accident.

STFXG

Great trucks when properly maintained and excellent in snow/ice. Not worth keeping over 200k miles though. Cost of ownership is too high compared to other trucks on the market now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

We started getting them in this area 5 years ago. Most run 150 to 200 miles a day. The only one that's not in service was totaled by a courier. They are serving us very well down here.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We started getting them in this area 5 years ago. Most run 150 to 200 miles a day. The only one that's not in service was totaled by a courier. They are serving us very well down here.
Glad to hear they're doing 'ya well down in Station One/Fantasyland.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

When my station first got them, it was only because they were within 20 miles of a Freightliner service facility. Freightliner, Dodge, Mercedes...all the same truck with different badging.

Weak transmissions, side doors that fall off, and numerous other major reliability issues. Another smart vehicle purchase by FedEx.