‘This $3 cut takes a toll’: UPS slashes pay for part-time workers as profits grow

Commercial Inside Release

Poor Swanson! No MRA, no attendance bonus, has to run the gauntlet in Compton, gets an insultingly low COLA, but that's not all... Now he has to take a side-gig pulling a rickshaw.

I guess the west is only the best, if you are a steward.

Ghost in the Darkness

The article didn't make that point atleast not clearly. I've never heard of ups paying workers more than what is collectively bargained. Most of us are more familiar with ups trying to get out of paying workers fairly. That was why I asked about union involvement. UPS can do what they like if its above and beyond.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The article didn't make that point atleast not clearly. I've never heard of ups paying workers more than what is collectively bargained.

Really? In many many places in the country, part-timers have been getting this extra pay. Especially in the last year it seems like. It frequently comes up on these boards.

Ghost in the Darkness

Thats great for them... certainly not here.
I come here in spurts... quite often then not for awhile. I'm prbly a little behind ups current events... and I'm much closer to the end of FT so I prbly overlook some topics.

1017Russia

Target Stores now offering $15-24 per hour, depending on locale.

Here supes almost never work, except when seriously threatened by off-campus higher management. Usually, you can hear the screams on the speakerphone, and it is entertaining to see those fata55es huffing, grunting & sweating for once in their lives. Many of them fake an injury to get on weight restrictions, soon afterwards.
Supervisors don’t work because we can have our pay deducted by 3x the amount of time we work, ain’t nobody out here huffing grunting and sweating except senior employees who have found out the code to get Stewart’s to protect them for being lazy. I do work at Gv so imma shut up, all the supes here are buff lol the leads are a lil pudgy tho 🥹😅😂😂😂😂😂

CHEMA-DELMA

I heard about this PT hourly @ CCHIL went to $28. How do you go to the Teamsters and negotiate with the union after that. Your boy Sean will have a field day with that conversation.