“UPS Famous James” Makes Holiday Deliveries Bright

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
“UPS Famous James” Makes Holiday Deliveries Bright - ABC 6

The 21-year-old Warwick resident has found his passion in delivering smiles.

If you live in Warwick and regularly get deliveries from UPS, you most likely have received a delivery from Eric and his helper, James Allenson

James, a 21-year-old resident from Warwick living with autism, first met Eric Hellested when he was a toddler and would run out to greet the deliveryman. “I’ve been on this route for about twenty years, and I’ve known James since he was about two or three,” says Hellested. “He laughs at almost everything, he’s got a bit smile, and he’s always got a great disposition.”

As he grew up, his mother found he had developed a fond interest in the company when she and his stepfather would take him to see what they call the “UPS Train” leaving the Plan Way facility during school vacations and days off. “It had just been something we’d do as a field trip, we’d go watch the trucks come out,” says his mother, Shirlee Allenson. “Everything is UPS this, UPS that. You ask him to blow his nose, and it’s ‘What, my UPS nose?'”

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
What a great story , way to go James & Eric ,,,, you're one helluva guy!!
A shout out to all the great UPS people in ProRi who have have shown Famous James all that love !! Be safe out there James & Eric and my God Bless you both !!