$00.15 year progression rate... Is that normal?

Jim Bach

I'm confused... I hit the year in January this year and my supervisor is saying that rate increase is only $00.15. I thought is was $1.00 or atleast $00.50. Is this right? Thanks

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm confused... I hit the year in January this year and my supervisor is saying that rate increase is only $00.15. I thought is was $1.00 or atleast $00.50. Is this right? Thanks
I feel like you should get 50 cent but I don't know what to tell u about it

oldngray

nowhere special
dollar-o.gif

upschuck

My guess is since the gov't minimum wage was higher than ups wage you got that, and now the contractual wage kicks in. You making 10.50 now? That is what the contract states for seniority plus 1 year.

542thruNthru

Where I am minimum wage is 11.50. PT in progression do not get a raise till it is higher then 1150

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
$18.75 Start
$19.50 after 1 year.
$21.00 2 years
$25.00 3 years.
$36.16 4th year.

Tony Q

$18.75 Start
$19.50 after 1 year.
$21.00 2 years
$25.00 3 years.
$36.16 4th year.
He is talking about the starting wage for the part timer and the government mandated minimum wage in order for UPS to get government contracts. Ups only gives what is left in the first years anniversary.

This will be addressed in the new contract. IT was actually one of the top proposals. The thing we will have to wait and see is when the starting wage is $14 and $15 an hour how will the members take this. Will they be upset? Is there any way to turn this contract into a positive thing. We will have to wait and see, but I predict doom and gloom.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It could be the minimum wage is 11.25 (outskirts of this city, 12.50 inside) and the raise would bump you to 11.50, hence 0.15
On the bright side you can see infinite doctors now for all of your problems.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
He is talking about the starting wage for the part timer and the government mandated minimum wage in order for UPS to get government contracts. Ups only gives what is left in the first years anniversary.

This will be addressed in the new contract. IT was actually one of the top proposals. The thing we will have to wait and see is when the starting wage is $14 and $15 an hour how will the members take this. Will they be upset? Is there any way to turn this contract into a positive thing. We will have to wait and see, but I predict doom and gloom.
I digress. Thought he meant FT.

I think the union needs to do a PR push right now. All I see is articles about how much drivers make. But do drivers complain about money? No. If anything, we want to give back money (time on road). This is about deplorable working conditions and part time poverty. They need to address this before UPS does.

I think the union needs to do a PR push right now. All I see is articles about how much drivers make. But do drivers complain about money? No. If anything, we want to give back money (time on road). This is about deplorable working conditions and part time poverty. They need to address this before UPS does.
That was the same message in 1997.

Tony Q

The IBT drops the ball in the media and communications again and again.