05 Actual hours

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You don't make bonus when they 05 you. FYI.
Union doesn't recognize production bonus, FYI. That being said, you should go to your management team and address the fact you wanted 8 and in past practices your signup sheet was for the opting in of 05. This is what I'd also put on the grievance when you file, along with penalty pay.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How do they handle this in your center?
They let it be known it's pay actual unless you request your 8. Been that way since the day I started. Ask for volunteers first, then force from the bottom. A schedule is posted of who's running what a few days ahead. Actually surprisingly organized.

upsmaninmi

Union doesn't recognize production bonus, FYI. That being said, you should go to your management team and address the fact you wanted 8 and in past practices your signup sheet was for the opting in of 05. This is what I'd also put on the grievance when you file, along with penalty pay.
That was my intention, that way we get back to the old ways of posting a sign up sheet. Otherwise, they will do what they want, when they want. We all know this.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why would I notify management that I needed 8 hours if it's guaranteed unless we were told otherwise? I thought this was made clear in my initial statement. Besides, it was Friday. Management was long gone.
I understand that, according to your post, the sheet was for opting out of 8hrs, quite the opposite of my center. I'm going by the mentality of how my center operates and how I advise others in my area. That being said, I'd bet you could do what I mentioned in my previous post and get your code changed back to 06 tomorrow morning.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
First off, I work my ass off for this place--don't want to hear "the moaning and complaining" BS. I had enough work on paper to get my 8 hours worth of work. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have even posted this thread. That being said, just wanted to know what was happening in others areas since this was the first time it's happened here without it being posted first.
Who cares what your plan was? If you wanted 8 ask for it or take your time and stretch it to 8 if you already had enough work.

You asking for free money is all you're wanting.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It was a joke but managers I have had that come from bonus centers are much more unrealistic in their number goals.
I can see that. We had a center manager moved to a non bonus center years ago. At 6 pm he was wondering why all the drivers were still out. Half our building doesn't work 8 hours.

youllbefine

They let it be known it's pay actual unless you request your 8. Been that way since the day I started. Ask for volunteers first, then force from the bottom. A schedule is posted of who's running what a few days ahead. Actually surprisingly organized.
Been the same here for 20 yrs also ... Not sure where some of these guys have been the whole time

JackStraw

I would never trust UPS in a bonus situation. Also, when you get your check on Thursday, hand your stub to your steward and tell him 40.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
It has its advantages.
If I get bonus that's great, if not, that's fine also. One good thing is if you get some runner gunner helpers doing pods and golfcarts, it can be lucrative.
image.jpg