05 Actual hours

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It used to. Now I hardly ever get bonus. Seems time is edited away more and more each year.
The bonus system is screwed. We have one route in my center where the guy comes in 250 under every single day. Then other routes that come in 175 over everyday no matter how hard the guy goes. I'd bet the 250 guy makes more in just bonus every year than most of PTers make period. Good for him, don't get me wrong. But it's isn't applied fairly.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I've worked in both types of centers and in bonus centers the dispatched hours are far higher that a non bonus center. It is very common to get a 10.5-11.0 dispatch in a bonus center while in a non bonus center they tend to be at a more reasonable level.

Johney

Hopefully we don't loose the eight hour guarantee... If everyone works actual, they will slowly give less work to people they hate, and run them out of a job...
Then just take longer to do the work they give you. I know plenty of drivers who can make 5 hours of work last for 9 or more. Problem solved.

By The Book

The bonus system is screwed. We have one route in my center where the guy comes in 250 under every single day. Then other routes that come in 175 over everyday no matter how hard the guy goes. I'd bet the 250 guy makes more in just bonus every year than most of PTers make period. Good for him, don't get me wrong. But it's isn't applied fairly.
Being the boss you can fix this right? See what you can do to get this bonus applied fairly. I say take all the bonus each day for each center and divide it so every driver that day received the same amount of bonus. If you can think of a fairer way to do it I'm all ears.

By The Book

I've worked in both types of centers and in bonus centers the dispatched hours are far higher that a non bonus center. It is very common to get a 10.5-11.0 dispatch in a bonus center while in a non bonus center they tend to be at a more reasonable level.
Why is that, in bonus centers they are told they can't run one more car, and if given the same volume you are saying a non bonus center will be able to run more routes. You've seen both sides but this might have to do with them taking all the bonus that the non bonus center would have paid and justified adding more routes that way. Guessing at best.

joeboodog

Why is that, in bonus centers they are told they can't run one more car, and if given the same volume you are saying a non bonus center will be able to run more routes. You've seen both sides but this might have to do with them taking all the bonus that the non bonus center would have paid and justified adding more routes that way. Guessing at best.
In a bonus center, if you get a 10.5 dispatch guys will break their neck to get it done and run ten minutes early. In a non-bonus center, a 10.5 dispatch the driver will run it in 10.5-11.00 hours. Sure, you have runners in non-bonus centers but they are generally rookies and once they figure out how to do math, they settle into running scratch.

By The Book

In a bonus center, if you get a 10.5 dispatch guys will break their neck to get it done and run ten minutes early. In a non-bonus center, a 10.5 dispatch the driver will run it in 10.5-11.00 hours. Sure, you have runners in non-bonus centers but they are generally rookies and once they figure out how to do math, they settle into running scratch.
In some bonus centers there are guys who are off the clock in 8.5 to 9 hours with a 10.5 hour dispatch. Sounds like the w.o.r in a non bonus center shows over/under. Which center are you in now?(bonus or non bonus), and which do you prefer.

BrownChoice

I work in a bonus center. If i figure i can make bonus on a particular day by working just a little faster, I sure will. If I realize it just aint gonna happen, im sure as heck not gonna waste money.....

joeboodog

In some bonus centers there are guys who are off the clock in 8.5 to 9 hours with a 10.5 hour dispatch. Sounds like the w.o.r in a non bonus center shows over/under. Which center are you in now?(bonus or non bonus), and which do you prefer.
I am in a bonus center but it doesn't matter to me because I am old and slow with a sucky time study. The planet's have to line up perfectly for me to get bonus.

member6045

Local 804 seems to have lost the 8 hour guarantee! If you work less than 8 hours a day you become a time only day!!! Does this now mean that if we finish before the eighth hour of work we don't receive a pension credit for that day?