1 address 4 different houses, What would you do?

Brownsfan

I am delivering a rural back country mountain route for peak, and I am running into a lot of deliveries where there is 1 address and four or five structure on the same property with people living in them. Its frustrating. I go to one house and they tell me its that house across the way, then I come back the next day and its a different house. Then the next day i ask them if they can label their address and they yell at me for asking. How do you drivers handle stops like these? Also how do you handle stops that don't put up an address at all? Its pissing me off and taking up valuable daylight.

Brownsfan

That would be my first thought to. But i got yelled at for being lazy for doing that at a similar address. I told the lady shes lucky she gets her pkgs seeing that there is 3 unmarked houses on the property.

Brownsfan

NSP= would you really do that? I am tempted. I usually drive around and find the house, but you do that all day and it quickly becomes night.

old levi's

blank space
I am delivering a rural back country mountain route for peak, and I am running into a lot of deliveries where there is 1 address and four or five structure on the same property with people living in them. Its frustrating. I go to one house and they tell me its that house across the way, then I come back the next day and its a different house. Then the next day i ask them if they can label their address and they yell at me for asking. How do you drivers handle stops like these? Also how do you handle stops that don't put up an address at all? Its pissing me off and taking up valuable daylight.
If it's a rural back country mountain route they are all related. The only place to pick up women is at the family reunion! Haven't you already noticed the sloping forehead similarities. Small gene pool. Just get the pkg. close and they will make the final drop. That's how it's done in the kuntry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Use your marker to write their house number on the mailbox.

The mailboxes on most rural roads where there are four or five houses on the same driveway are usually at the end of the driveway out by the road.

Bringing the package back as NSP takes care of the problem for that day but is not a permanent solution.

tarbar66

Anyone who works in a outlying center knows what you are going thru. I would ask the regular driver of that area what he/she does to keep them happy. After the response you got from the customer I would definitely NSP the package until the pm clerk or the regular driver gets an iron clad map of who lives where.

It also sounds like me that 911 addressing has not been implmented in that county yet.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have stops like this in our area. NSP is not correct, as their is that person at that address. I either leave it at the house that is easiest to get to or guess and leave at that house or mark as 'need apt #'. Give it to the clerk and tell them about the multiple houses and all that. Tell him/her you need to know which house it is, maybe the house color or have it delivered to a work address. Then, when you do see them in person, ask that they add an identifier either to their house or address on the package. Unfortunately, they will usually reply, "the regular driver always gets it right." Be prepared and answer very politely, "The regular driver does not always deliver this area and we are having problems getting your packages to the right house." Usually that works for me.