+ 1 for UPS bringing the drilling tool to Chile

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Thats Logistics!!! Great outcome for those miners, its good to see something like that in the news for a change.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They'll be exploited.......either by the Chilean gov't or somebody else. There's book deals, movie deals, Guiness records, etc. There's bound to be in-fighting because it's just human nature when there's money involved. There was already some spatting when deciding who would be the last miner up........he would be the new Guiness record holder for longest trapped person to come out alive. The gov't is going to pay them for 6 months......they should all go on a huge getaway with their family and hide out from the papparazzi.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There is a mining tycoon in the area who is giving them each 10k. Their avg monthly pay is about 700 bucks.

P

pickup

They'll be exploited.......either by the Chilean gov't or somebody else. There's book deals, movie deals, Guiness records, etc. There's bound to be in-fighting because it's just human nature when there's money involved. There was already some spatting when deciding who would be the last miner up........he would be the new Guiness record holder for longest trapped person to come out alive. The gov't is going to pay them for 6 months......they should all go on a huge getaway with their family and hide out from the papparazzi.

If that is exploitation, sign me up .

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I'm with Pickup ... I think I would be looking to exploit the situation as best I could.
Fly me and family to New York City to be on Good Morning America.
Memoirs of a Chilean miner.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
All kidding aside, I would have liked to hear about this at a PCM. Little pride builder in the center kinda thing, instead of how not to get hit while parked. Rant continued elsewhere on this subject..................