1 second = $333,333.00

kingOFchester

Was watching a show that was about our infrastructure here in the states. Scott Davis said a 5 minute delay for all drivers cost the company 100 million.

so:
1 minute = 20million
30seconds =10million
1second = $333,333.00

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Might I suggest that this is the the type of math that they applied to relooping and various other "money saving initiatives" It also applies to "revenue enhancements"
The lets stick it to the current customer as much as we can, and then after we caused the problem, we can be the hero of the day and fix what we screwed up.

d

A

anonymous6

let's do the math.

how many drivers? times actual wages which is close to $50/hr

vehicle cost per hr?

miscellaneous costs? please give me some examples.

if we break everything down, S.D. figures may or may not be that far off. Just don't call BS unless you do the math.

margin of error could be 10%.

just provide the above numbers and we can do the math. an exact science.

rocket man

Was watching a show that was about our infrastructure here in the states. Scott Davis said a 5 minute delay for all drivers cost the company 100 million. if these figures are true? can someone break it down how much dose it cost to rite a info notice?

so:
1 minute = 20million
30seconds =10million
1second = $333,333.00

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Makes me wonder how much each car makes in return. There is a reason why UPS has so many managers and soups still employeed here, isnt there.

This company is full of do'ers, but theres just as many do nothings here as well.

rocket man

How much dose it cost to write a info notice? How much dose a break down cost ? and how much dose it cost when a on road pulls you over to discuss a on road obersavation (never sign them) he/she say,s dont worry i just want to talk to you for a minute. How much dose it cost to stop on side of the road and wait for the shuttle driver whos bringing missloads to you? How much dose it cost to transfer your pick up volume to another pkg car because you are gonna be out till 9 pm.How much dose it cost to break out of trace to go pickup a jumper for the holiday season and then break trace again to go and drop him/her off? whos defeating who/ ? THE B IG BAD UNION OR THE WONDERFUL MANAGMENT WE NEED MORE PEOPLE HAVE LOADERS COME IN 12 MID TO 330 OR 4 AM PUT IN WHAT COMES IN AT THAT TIME THEN 330 TO 8 OR 9 IF needed, for the rest of volume less miss loads less stress and you might be able to knock those numbers down. this is just a opinion it dose not represent the compay policy and its managment team,

rod

Retired 22 years
Figures lie and liars figure-----I believe you could juggle enough numbers on any UPS stat to prove any point - good or bad. I wonder how many millions will be wasted today standing around water coolers discussing this topic?

TheDick

Wow, i figure the rural routes that mailbox and gate pkgs on a daily basis, and those that work thru 15min breaks are saving UPS millions, no billions everyday!!!! And thats just 2 little metrics!
Drivers rock!!!!!!
ooooh the 10min i take to gas up 30galllons every other day. How much did i lose?

HULKAMANIA

I stopped to fart and I didnt want to smell it in the cab. So UPS you just bought $333,333.00 of hot smelly air. HOW DOES IT FEEL!!! :happy-very:

Johney

I think he means system wide guys
Agreed,but look at it this way then, how about a 1/4 of the work force wasting 4 seconds? They are making $$$ left and right this is just some BS press release period. I mean can anybody really prove if it's fact or not? Highly unlikely.

HULKAMANIA

Ok so correct me if Im wrong lets say we work 52 weeks a year. Take 5 times 52 weeks you get 260 days we run ground packages. Lets figure an 8 hour day. Theres 480 seconds in an 8 hour day. Ok so now we have established 124,800 seconds. Ok so 124,800 seconds times $333,333 every second means $41,599,958,400 is lost in a years time figuring its a 260 day year with only 8 hours working. Your going to tell me that UPS still stands when it LOSES 41.5 BILLION dollars a year???? If thats true then HOLY CRAP how much money does UPS MAKE in a second????? To overcome that much debt, pay bills, and everything else???? It sounds to me like the US government better start asking UPS for help! Again I say the people in Atlanta are BLITHERING IDIOTS!!!