1 year anniversary after being fired.

FUFred

It is my 1 year anniversary since being fired. I've never been happier in my career then now. If you can get out, do so. I was blessed by getting fired. I hired a very good unemployment attorney, who was able to prove I should be getting my unemployment benefits and I collected all 26 weeks.

I was then able to refer that lawyer to 4 other fired FedEx drivers, who ALL got their unemployment benefits.

To top it off, I have a friend who was a workers comp attorney for the state I live in. This person retired and now works in the private sector. I have referred many injured FedEx friends of mine to this lawyer.

The other day I got a Prime package on a Saturday from express. I knew the driver, we talked for a minute., he had time, is was a P2 Saturday. He asked about a workers comp lawyer I knew. I went to my office, then gave him some businesses cards for the lawyer. He joked and said he would had them out next station meeting.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary!......and here's to many many more.

I could've had a watertight lawsuit against the company several years back. But it was long enough ago that things weren't nearly as crappy as they are now and I stupidly just let it go (I am not typically a litigious individual).

but oh, if only it had happened now instead of then.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It is my 1 year anniversary since being fired. I've never been happier in my career then now. If you can get out, do so. I was blessed by getting fired. I hired a very good unemployment attorney, who was able to prove I should be getting my unemployment benefits and I collected all 26 weeks.

I was then able to refer that lawyer to 4 other fired FedEx drivers, who ALL got their unemployment benefits.

To top it off, I have a friend who was a workers comp attorney for the state I live in. This person retired and now works in the private sector. I have referred many injured FedEx friends of mine to this lawyer.

The other day I got a Prime package on a Saturday from express. I knew the driver, we talked for a minute., he had time, is was a P2 Saturday. He asked about a workers comp lawyer I knew. I went to my office, then gave him some businesses cards for the lawyer. He joked and said he would had them out next station meeting.
Congrats FU Fred! And good for you and your former cronies. Tell your lawyer he's the bomb! And for Fred S, I'm glad you're paying higher unemployment insurance premiums these days. You deserve it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Congrats FU Fred! And good for you and your former cronies. Tell your lawyer he's the bomb! And for Fred S, I'm glad you're paying higher unemployment insurance premiums these days. You deserve it.

Ditto! BZ for helping out your fellow employees!

FUFred

I'm just happy to see my fellow fired fedex friends win against this company. That's a lot of friend's.
It is the greatest sight in the world when HR realizes they will not win the unemployment hearing and they just walk out of the administrative law judge office.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm just happy to see my fellow fired fedex friends win against this company. That's a lot of friend's.
It is the greatest sight in the world when HR realizes they will not win the unemployment hearing and they just walk out of the administrative law judge office.

People give up way too easy. You can fight FedEx and win.

hypo hanna

People give up way too easy. You can fight FedEx and win.
Assume every interaction with management could become part of a future lawsuit. Keep good records. Don't sign off on an OLCC unless it also reflects your version of events. If a manager electronically signs for you because you refused, send him an email and copy HR spelling out the details and how you disagree with the contents. Keep a hard copy of everything.