1 year ft seniority driver

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by xkmanxi, Jul 8, 2018.

1. xkmanxi

xkmanxi New Member

What will the new contract do to get me to top rate?

2. saintrick

saintrick Active Member

Check back Tuesday.

3. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Check with Stewart

4. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

It certainly won’t be a time machine. You’ll still have four years or more of progression.

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Grow up

6. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

22.25 or 22.75 I believe.

7. Doubleparkedrunner

Doubleparkedrunner Active Member

I didn't really understand his question so I kind of don't understand your answer. Does what you just wrote mean the first year of progression pay will be bumped up to 22.25 or 22.75 ? or am I missing something?

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

It will guarantee that you will get there. Any other questions?

9. Whaaaaaa

Whaaaaaa New Member

I don’ t know exactly what the rate will be, but it has to change because a starting combo driver will start at $20+, so a RPCD has to start with more than that. That stands to reason that after one year, your rate should be more than $19.50. Maybe it gets bumped up to $25 or so. And then after 2 years, maybe $29 or so. Just my thinking...

10. Griffin1820

Griffin1820 File! File! File!

Contract expires in a few weeks but so far the Union has given us a very detailed anwer to your question.

Article 41 Full-Time Employees: Significant increases to the full-time progression rates and general wage increases have been tentatively agreed to, totaling $4.15 over the life of the Agreement.

I mean really with that kind of update you really shouldn't have any questions. Right???

11. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

Shouldn't change a thing for you. Whatever the current contract says. 4 years to top out.

12. A whole dollar more than the raises they negotiated 21 years ago!

13. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Two different classifications. 22.4 pay won't impact RPCD pay. Wishful thinking though. If you want that pay scale, bid that job. I haven't seen what the proposed progression rates for RPCD's in the new contract, but if the rates go up in the new contract, I think you might get the new rate. E.g. if the 2nd year rate goes up to $20, you'll get that rate, instead of the $19.50 under the current contract. If the progression decreases (doubtful) it's possible you might make top scale earlier, but I'm not sure how that would shake out.

14. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

Just don’t wreck the truck and kill someone. You’ll get to top rate when you get to top rate

15. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

That is the after 1 year age.

16. Griffin1820

If that is true at least it seem starting wage and progression wages are getting better. 4 years is still a bit much but if the raise was more equal over 4 years i could be more in favor.

17. Griffin1820

What would his top rate be at the end of his 4 years would it be the $40 or would that just occur over the 5 year contract?

18. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Over 40 an hour.

19. Tony Q

Tony Q Well-Known Member

Every year went up by about three dollars.