10/28 Republican Debate

Who won the 10/28 debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sportello

Well, another 'debate' is in the books. I have no idea what the pundits say, but it would appear that Rubio was the clear winner from my point of view. Jeb! committed suicide by attacking him, unless that was the plan from the get go (conspiracy?). Trump did not hurt himself, but didn't score any points, either. Cristie presented well, but doesn't have a a chance. Fiorina was well spoken, but has trouble telling the truth. Carson? I just don't get it. Cruz is frightening, but would be a great designated driver, I guess.

The Republicans are in trouble when the only person on the stage that made any sense was the raving madman, Kasich.

Time to trim the field to maybe five viable candidates before they devour each other.

tourists24

Well, another 'debate' is in the books. I have no idea what the pundits say, but it would appear that Rubio was the clear winner from my point of view. Jeb! committed suicide by attacking him, unless that was the plan from the get go (conspiracy?). Trump did not hurt himself, but didn't score any points, either. Cristie presented well, but doesn't have a a chance. Fiorina was well spoken, but has trouble telling the truth. Carson? I just don't get it. Cruz is frightening, but would be a great designated driver, I guess.

The Republicans are in trouble when the only person on the stage that made any sense was the raving madman, Kasich.

Time to trim the field to maybe five viable candidates before they devour each other.
And your analysis is because you are an interested Republican looking for the right one to vote for?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
an observer at this point. Already know who Im voting for. Just wondering after all that analysis if there were any of those guys(gal) you would have (or had) any interest in maybe voting for anyway
Over a year til the election and you know who you're voting for?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Curious what don't you get about Carson?

brett636

He could win me over with a good performance in a general.

Chances are good he won't make it to the general, and in my opinion both him and Jeb don't deserve to be on that stage.

In response to the Rubio comment by the original poster, I wouldn't be surprised if the establishment wing of the Republican party is positioning themselves to prop up Rubio over Jeb given his falling stature in this race. Deep down they do not want a Ben Carson, or god forbid, a Donald Trump nominee. They want someone with political experience who has favors to dole out and principles to ignore.