10:30 Commits now 10:29, another DIAD 6 annoyance.

JL 0513

I'm sure you guys have noticed, but haven't seen it mentioned. You get to an air stop at 10:29 relieved you've made it. Select the package as the clock clicks 10:30, no problem. Scan, stop complete, LATE. Double check time, still 10:30.

When are they going to change commit times in the board to 10:29/11:59?

It's happened to me twice. Message in wondering why 10:30 is no longer the commit time with no answer.

BrownSnowFlake

I'm sure you guys have noticed, but haven't seen it mentioned. You get to an air stop at 10:29 relieved you've made it. Select the package as the clock clicks 10:30, no problem. Scan, stop complete, LATE. Double check time, still 10:30.

It's happened to me twice. Message in wondering why 10:30 is no longer the commit time with no answer.
IIRC it was always like that. 10:30 is 10:30:00. 10:30:01 is late. Capisce?

Also, if you're down to the wire, sheet that package early. Just don't Stop-Complete it early.

JL 0513

IIRC it was always like that. 10:30 is 10:30:00. 10:30:01 is late. Capisce?

Also, if you're down to the wire, sheet that package early. Just don't Stop-Complete it early.
Nope, up through DIAD 5, you had the whole minute after hitting 10:30. I've sheeted dozens of air at 10:30 over the years and they were never late as long as the board still stated 10:30.

And like Red Devil said, don't ever scan and drive! Cardinal sin. And they always see when you do it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I like when an OMS sends a message to everyone in the center right before EAM or NDA commit times even though they’ve been told that ANY messages sent could lock up DIAD 6 and cause a service failure. I’ve already had a near miss on an EAM because of that. Oh well.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not here long enough to know but with the 5 I thought you could be backed up at the dock, have the customer open the door, scan some additional ground pieces, gather a signature and stop complete well past 1030 and it would still be on time. So long as the piece was out of the truck and at the established delivery point for the customer to do as they please before 1030.

The 6 on the other hand will mark late so long as the stop complete is 1030 or later.

JustDeliverIt

Not here long enough to know but with the 5 I thought you could be backed up at the dock, have the customer open the door, scan some additional ground pieces, gather a signature and stop complete well past 1030 and it would still be on time. So long as the piece was out of the truck and at the established delivery point for the customer to do as they please before 1030.

The 6 on the other hand will mark late so long as the stop complete is 1030 or later.

Haven’t run into it with the 6 yet but you are right about the 5. As long as you are parked and the first package was sheeted before 10:30:59, you can scan for as long as you wanted and stop complete when you were done. Nothing was late. Just couldn’t pre record or move the vehicle, then you could get in trouble.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I like when an OMS sends a message to everyone in the center right before EAM or NDA commit times even though they’ve been told that ANY messages sent could lock up DIAD 6 and cause a service failure. I’ve already had a near miss on an EAM because of that. Oh well.

Especially when the message is them telling everyone, at 10:25, to do a straight air run.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Haven’t run into it with the 6 yet but you are right about the 5. As long as you are parked and the first package was sheeted before 10:30:59, you can scan for as long as you wanted and stop complete when you were done. Nothing was late. Just couldn’t pre record or move the vehicle, then you could get in trouble.
I’ve stop completed a few bulk stops past 11 because of this. As long as you “big arrow down” on the DIAD V before 10:31, you were all good. Not any more with this big cellphone they’ve given us.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Don’t do that. If you scan then drive then stop complete they can fire you. Better to just have a late.
Scanning a package before you get to the delivery point shows up on a management report and they have to do something about it. Falsifying records and integrity issues are firable offenses. Supervisors get fired for the same thing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just be happy you’re out of the building before EAM commit time

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Scanning a package before you get to the delivery point shows up on a management report and they have to do something about it. Falsifying records and integrity issues are firable offenses. Supervisors get fired for the same thing.
Not anymore @scratch , they don’t care about anything anymore. They encourage it.

too short staffed to yell about anything
🧔‍♂️✊

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

You will do your job, you make @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U and @Shift Inhibit look bad

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Supervisors so afraid to go on car and train ..they’re afraid to witness the problems with the Diad 6 freezing lolololololol

🧔‍♂️✊