10 day discipline question

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
3FA01971-22E5-4701-8B40-7923AC4F79D4.gif
It doesn’t. I hope u die of hepatitis. Or herpees. Did I spell that wrong b*. I hate u and ur mother.

clean hairy

10 day discipline (suspension) is addressed in the contract?
When a grievance is filed, the suspension or disciplinary action shall not be imposed until after the grievance has had a final decision.
I THINK something to effect is in the contract?

542thruNthru

I have a question about the 10 days for disciplinary action. When does the 10 days start? For example, if a customer calls in to complain about a drivers methods, does it start after the customer calls in? Let's say the customer calls a week later with pictures or a video, does the 10 days start over?

I don't know of any language in the Master that addresses this but @Mugarolla may know better.

There is language in the Western Region about 10 days for suspension or discharge. Usually members hear things like that and apply it to all discipline.

Screenshot_20190228-182638.png

Though this doesn't apply to all discipline. Like Loss and Damages in the NMA agreement is 15 days.
Screenshot_20190228-182350.png

So guess what I'm trying to say is what region are you in and better yet, call your BA and ask him.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
We were told to leave packages at garages all the time if their sidewalks are not cleaned off, I'm having a hard time understanding your problem. So management is going to discipline you for leaving packages at the garage door due to safety risks?

542thruNthru

We were told to leave packages at garages all the time if their sidewalks are not cleaned off, I'm having a hard time understanding your problem. So management is going to discipline you for leaving packages at the garage door due to safety risks?

Methods I'd assume. Out of sight out of weather.

You know how they like to play their games.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't know of any language in the Master that addresses this but @Mugarolla may know better.

There is language in the Western Region about 10 days for suspension or discharge. Usually members hear things like that and apply it to all discipline.

View attachment 237871

Though this doesn't apply to all discipline. Like Loss and Damages in the NMA agreement is 15 days.
View attachment 237872

So guess what I'm trying to say is what region are you in and better yet, call your BA and ask him.

Not covered in the Master, it's a Supplement issue, and they all may be different.

In the Central, the Company has 10 days to issue a warning letter.

The 10 days starts from when the Company has knowledge of issue or incident.

In this case, the 10 days starts when the customer first calls in a complaint.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Can the 10 days start over if something like a video or picture is sent later?

The 10 days start when the Company first had knowledge of incident.

This could be 5 days after the actual incident, yes.

But there are no resets on the 10 days even if more evidence comes after the start of the investigation

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Not covered in the Master, it's a Supplement issue, and they all may be different.

Thank you for responding Mugarolla. I was 90% sure it was a Supplmental issue but wasn't positive.

Could you post the Article or Section in the central it's in please.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I love hiding packages between garbage cans and garage doors. Quite often the only place to put them out of sight and weather.
First place I went if it wasn't a house with a covered porch was garage. Most side garage doors in my neck of the woods were open. That was back in the day. Now just leave them anywhere.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Thank you for responding Mugarolla. I was 90% sure it was a Supplmental issue but wasn't positive.

Could you post the Article or Section in the central it's in please.

Article 17

The warning letter, as herein provided, shall be given to the employee with a copy of said letter to the appropriate local union within ten (10) days of knowledge of said complaint and shall not remain in effect for a period of more than nine (9) months from date of said warning letter.

dvalleyjim

Due to the weather, some drivers have been leaving packages at garages. Some customers are complaining. Management has started writing people up. I know management has 10 days to decide it they're going to discipline someone but when that 10 day period starts has come into question. One of the drivers had a video from home security sent in 5 days after the delivery. Can the 10 days start over if something like a video or picture is sent later?

Did they write you up? Did you get a warning letter? If not all I can say is life has enough stresses without creating imaginary ones.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Due to the weather, some drivers have been leaving packages at garages. Some customers are complaining. Management has started writing people up. I know management has 10 days to decide it they're going to discipline someone but when that 10 day period starts has come into question. One of the drivers had a video from home security sent in 5 days after the delivery. Can the 10 days start over if something like a video or picture is sent later?

Why are they writing drivers up for leaving packages at a garage, when that is one of the options in the board for a driver release.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Yep.

The 10 days start when the Company first had knowledge of incident.

This could be 5 days after the actual incident, yes.

But there are no resets on the 10 days even if more evidence comes after the start of the investigation

For the purposes of this discussion;

In the Central.... the 10 days would start when the employee is sat down with a

Steward and informed of the company's intent. The employee could raise the issue

of timeliness only if the company fails in the issuance, of the warning letter within

the prescribed time frame of 10 days.

Article 17

The warning letter, as herein provided, shall be given to the employee with a copy of said letter to the appropriate local union within ten (10) days of knowledge of said complaint and shall not remain in effect for a period of more than nine (9) months from date of said warning letter.

The complaint (in the context of this discussion) would be the issue raised by the

company, as being the "complainant".... not the physical customer complaint.

-Bug-

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a question about the 10 days for disciplinary action. When does the 10 days start? For example, if a customer calls in to complain about a drivers methods, does it start after the customer calls in? Let's say the customer calls a week later with pictures or a video, does the 10 days start over?
Did you expose "little diad"?

That a good dr any day of the week. Except Palm Sunday.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For the purposes of this discussion;

In the Central.... the 10 days would start when the employee is sat down with a
Steward and informed of the company's intent. The employee could raise the issue
of timeliness only if the company fails in the issuance, of the warning letter within
the prescribed time frame of 10 days.

Got warning letters removed for being untimely based on the fact that when the Company first had knowledge was when the customer called them, not when they sat down with the employee and Steward.

10 days starts from the phone call.