edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
all week we have not been allowed to work past 10 hours no matter what

missed pcs do not matter as long as no one goes over 10

have missed over 50 so far and its only wednesday

anyone else seeing the reasoning behind this

drewed

Shankman
The ground guarantee is suspended for the month of dec so as long as you get your airs out.....theyre looking later in week when you tend to have the lighter days

They`re looking later into the week when all of a sudden they need to deliver those packages and decide to make you work on Saturday to deliver them. Enjoy.

satellitedriver

Reasoning?
I have averaged 10hrs a day for the last three years.
This peak I have been tapping 11 and have gone over that.
The reason, behind the reasoning, is poor planning and planning for a poor set of corporate numbers for peak,instead of planning for getting all pkgs delivered.
JMHO

Big Babooba

I've been averaging close to 11 hours a day with a runner. I don't know why I have one, I'm out in the country. I guess they want me to have somebody to talk to. Today we did 156 stops and drove 156 miles. Two guys doing 1 stop per mile - at least I've got somebody to talk to!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Flavor of the week

barnyard

KTM rider
We were told not to go over 9.1 if we had a helper. That went out the door on Monday, but not over 11. Lots of guys over 10.5. but there is still quite a few under 9.5.

TB

WyoBrown

We got the lecture yesterday to NOT go over 13. Ive been averaging 12 to 13 hours for 2 weeks now, a 10 hr day would be heaven. UPS severely underestimated the volume here, only one seasonal driver was hired and no additional helpers. We are sinking! Oh...and we lost 2 drivers to DUI's last week. Merry Christmas to the sober ones :/

Fnix

So we dont service packages to meet imaginary numbers? If UPS was a hospital and a surgeon was doing surgery he would stop in the middle of the operation so he wouldnt go over 10 hours.

I've been working 10-11 hour days fairly consistently for the last 3-4 months. Here they say not to go over 12, but when it appears you might go over they say don't go over 13, then if....well I wonder how long they will stretch it.
One day they will end up telling us just make sure we get back in time to reload the truck for the next day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
10 hr rule :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: I have pushing 12 hrs every day this week. I'm tired and I would really like to get home one night this week before 9pm. (make that 8)

We can't go ever 12 hrs without prior approval.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
well i heard that in our division the day after they decided to implement this rule we missed over 1000 peices

drewed

Shankman
Drewed, when does the air commit get suspended? Is it Monday?

ummm i honestly dont remember when they did it last year..... with the volume levels lower they may hold out another couple days and make it one week till xmas..... i dont even remember when theyre saying peak day will be..