$100 a week for insurance and little or no raises!!

upsman2940

Got it from our BA!! If this is not what you hearing. What are you hearing? I was unable to get on the conf call along with all the other shop stewards!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Got it from our BA!! If this is not what you hearing. What are you hearing? I was unable to get on the conf call along with all the other shop stewards!

hall NEVER mentioned anything about paying $100/week for insurance during the conference call. He told us that the company wants us to pay for part of our insurance premiums and agreeing to do so would only open the door to us paying more and more each contract. The company might be proposing it but that doesn't mean a damn thing.

stink219

The didn't discuss the money. Hall told us that a few issue that we would hold strong and nit budge on is health care, PT starting pay, harassment and 9.5 language. Do not get nervous about things that are not factual. Not sure where your BA is getting that figure from. When the union comes back with a tentative agreement, assess the language and make a decision.

ocnewguy

I have a bad feeling the company is going to pull something off to get us p/ters to "pitch in" for healthcare. Not because the actual money the employee contributes will make any kind of difference but because 75-80% of p/ters would opt out. That's an absolutely astronomical cost savings for the company.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have no dog or pony in this dog & pony show.....but

with everybody's medical costs going up, most entities just pass the cost on to the consumers. Why do you think you shouldn't pay a portion of the increased costs?

I don't think UPS will absorb all the Obama costs & surprise taxes. If in the new contract you still pay nothing towards your health care, then a MIRACLE has occurred and Christ again walks the earth..(IMO)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

with everybody's medical costs going up, most entities just pass the cost on to the consumers. Why do you think you shouldn't pay a portion of the increased costs?

I don't think UPS will absorb all the Obama costs & surprise taxes. If in the new contract you still pay nothing towards your health care, then a MIRACLE has occurred and Christ again walks the earth..(IMO)

Hardworking Teamsters ensured UPS remained insanely profitable during the darkest part of the Great Recession. Considering it takes 14+ years to go FT in some buildings and those years are spent slinging boxes, part timers need that health insurance to deal with the myriad of overuse injuries that arise; working in a hub is a physical and dirty job. And part timers cannot afford a net pay cut by having to pay for their benefits.

upsman2940

Once you let a drop of water over the dam it will turn into a flood. If we allow any decrease in benefits, it will only increase in years to come. I'm just fearful that many would take a small contribution towards insurance to avoid a strike.
I believe there is a big group that can't and won't stand up!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

That's like saying I should not get a raise because I should just absorb the cost of inflation. Lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Once you let a drop of water over the dam it will turn into a flood. If we allow any decrease in benefits, it will only increase in years to come. I'm just fearful that many would take a small contribution towards insurance to avoid a strike.
I believe there is a big group that can't and won't stand up!

If they want us to pay for our health insurance I don't think anyone will have to vote no. The union won't accept it and we will just strike. I'm hearing of other issues also but it's just not worth throwing a bunch of rumors around and getting everyone all worked up. If we reach an acceptable agreement awesome. If not well I'm glad I have some August vacation and ill be spending it on a picket line.

Seahawks17

I actually heard about this little bit of info last night on my sort as well. I was told this by the irreg drivers in my building who all have over 15+ years seniority and they usually know their stuff when it relates to work. I can tell you right now if this were to happen, how many people I know that would walk right out the door and never come back. Us PT's, don't get a lot as it is and this would just be the icing on the cake.

UPSER110

This is what my steward told us:
-hall broke off negotiations for 2 weeks.
-UPS has proposed that all full time and part time employees pay $30/wk for individuals, $60/wk, $90/wk for families.
-There will also be a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. By the end of the contract you would be paying $130/wk for a family
-Retired members would pay $742/mo, with a 10% increase each year for the life of the contract. So by the end of the contract it would be $1000/mo.