100 years sales

Salesguy

Sales Member
"if a group of people work as a team, great things are possible"

If all our people would hand in salesleads we would all benefit from that and help our jobs to get better.

If we sell more we can spend more and we won't get more stops but a smaller delivery area.

Yes its possible! Also you can help your company to grow.
How? By handing in that saleslead today!:thumbup1:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Won't get more stops but will have a smaller area. Wrong! Will get more work on the same area. Bingo! When the company learns to handle the volume we have and starts putting the customer first only then will I turn in a sales lead. BM

sendagain

Allow some drivers to start their shift after the next day air leaves the building and let those drivers handle late pickups. Show some smarts and be flexible. Think outside the box and quit managing the company like we are the military.

brownieboy

I agree, get back to selling SERVICE and not numbers, cutting routes, and changing delivery times DAILY for our CUSTOMERS.
Maybe raise the starting wage for package handlers, treat them like PEOPLE so they can get/keep GOOD help. Maybe we could get a package or 2 from point A to point B without it lookig like it was rolled on the ground the whole way.
How about hiring a Sup because he is QUALIFIED, and not because he/she is the only one dumb enough to take the job? Or cant hack the job they were hired to do?
How about treating the drivers like people, not slaves. Realize the work to live, not to live to work thing. I, as a driver Do not want an 11 hr dispatch. I have a wife and kids at home that I like to visit once in awhile. JMTC

"if a group of people work as a team, great things are possible" ROTFLMAO TEAM....at UPS LOL THATS A GOOD ONE!!! I see management VS. Hourlies

local804

If all our people would hand in salesleads we would all benefit from that and help our jobs to get better.

If we sell more we can spend more and we won't get more stops but a smaller delivery area.

I needed a good laught to start the day.
Thanks

Dutch Dawg

A bizillion theories could be presented on what could be........But until mindsets are changed, nothing will really change.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? Not that it really matters, just like this debate.

Channahon

same old blah,blah,blah - maybe another initiative should be developed, measured, rated and ranked for the districts. Oh wait, maybe b/d should respond as to why everyone but them is being held accountable for
"growing the business"

helenofcalifornia

Sad to say, but what's the use? I too am just like about every other driver. You add more business to your route and noone will help you out. Sad, but true. It's a two way street. Drivers have been burned for too many years to trust management anymore except for that rare enlightened manager. And don't tell me to find another job, this is my job.

sendagain

The chicken was first. Eggs need a hen to sit on them in order to hatch. Also birds tend to imprint immediately with their mothers, following them around and becoming birds. If the egg was first, there would have been no hen to imprint with and the new hatchling might have croaked like a frog.

Griff

No thanks. Go do your own job, I have my own problems to worry about.

Our center got a memo today listing the goals for 2007, it was really quite funny to read. I can't remember everything it said, but the two I found to be hilarious were "Nobody gets injured in 2007" and "Every single driver needs 1 solid sales-lead in Q1". Talk about wishing on a star...

helenofcalifornia

Personally, I wouldn't be asking for drivers to be getting any sales leads right now when the past week has been a "hell week" for those drivers working. Three routes on one truck and do you mind doing all the pick ups too? Don't forget your OCA's!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Salesguy has evidently never driven a Package Car or worked in operations. They only seem to interested in large accounts, not the small shippers.:sad:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
salesguy sounds new he bought into their big picture let him run a rte for a year and your right about the small cust. i was on same rte for 10 yrs and the little people thought i was there service rep

UPSn00b

boxchucker
Actually, the egg came first, because genetic code does not modify once something is born, it can, however, change in utero. /geek.

Salesguy

Sales Member
Drivers and sales are not the competition.
We need each other to help our small and big customers.
What happens if our drivers stop delivering?
What happens if sales stop selling? What happens if you have a lazy sales rep or a lazy driver? Its all the same....We all just have to communicate with each other two ways to create a bigger platform for understanding. If you look further you will see there is a lot of commen ground between departments and if sales and drivers are in sync, the customer will notice the benefit. It all starts with you and me.

trickpony1

What happens if........
you're surfing the internet and Browncafe on company time when you should be out chasing/turning up sales leads?

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
Drivers and sales are not the competition.
We need each other to help our small and big customers.
What happens if our drivers stop delivering?
What happens if sales stop selling? What happens if you have a lazy sales rep or a lazy driver? Its all the same....We all just have to communicate with each other two ways to create a bigger platform for understanding. If you look further you will see there is a lot of commen ground between departments and if sales and drivers are in sync, the customer will notice the benefit. It all starts with you and me.

I agree that both the drivers and the sales dept are out there doing their best to help the customer. The problem is that management not letting us get "In sync" They are so hell-bent on making their numbers that all of our work seems to be for nothing. Our hands are tied a lot of the time. Until we management that wants to make customer service a priority things aren't going to change.