12 years in service

derrick

i'm trying to retire in 9 years and move over seas. but i have 18 years until i'm 55 years old. can I retire in 5 years and then when i'm 55 cash in on my retirement? or do i have to stay at ups until i'm 55?

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
i'm trying to retire in 9 years and move over seas. but i have 18 years until i'm 55 years old. can I retire in 5 years and then when i'm 55 cash in on my retirement? or do i have to stay at ups until i'm 55?
YES at 55 years old, No matter 5,10,15,20,25, years, retire in 5 years is up to your Plan for the worst , hope for the best ...if is full time only!!

derrick

Maryland high taxes. ok so if i retire before 55. cn i get it when i turn 55? actually you can live comfortable off 1000 a month in the PH.

542thruNthru

Maryland high taxes. ok so if i retire before 55. cn i get it when i turn 55? actually you can live comfortable off 1000 a month in the PH.

First if you retire before a certain time you won't get as much in your retirement. I would contact your local and ask these questions. There are many different pensions in this company. Different rules for each.

Shiftless

Nope can't be. We don't have to wait till we are 55. I plan on retiring at 50. Maybe 49 ;)

Just out of curiosity? I retired many moons ago from the same Teamster region as you will. And I have talked to a few local younger drivers who tell me the minimum age for them is 55 for retirement now. What contract year was that changed? I assume if that is true, you are grandfathered in if FT prior to the change is this correct?

I was one of those retired at 49. So has the medical part changed? Or is it still you have to be 50 to keep health insurance or 55? I had to make sure I did my due diligence to make sure this part of my retirement was seamless. The monies were important but the health insurance was Muey Important'e!

I know nothing of Teamcare and or who gets this??? My medical comes from the UPS plan not the Teamsters. Your out of 542 so which will you get Teamcare or ????

Gotta run! I see kid's coming thru my ring doorbell and I have to yell at them to GET OFF MY LAWN!