12th Edition UPS Policy Book is finally out . Credit where credit is due!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
But...but...but...why ?
Its the ups policy book.
send me the pdf so I can share it with everyone

It's only suppose to be seen by management because if non-management saw what's in there, they would expect management to actually follow it.

Inthegame

It's only suppose to be seen by management because if non-management saw what's in there, they would expect management to actually follow it.
Hoak, You nailed it! I "found" an old edition (when they were numbered) and I nearly memorized it. I'd often quote it back to management. Those were the days...

Integrity

Binge Poster
It was only made available on UPSers.com to management.
Union employees will not be able to see it.
Hoaxster,

The magazine Inside UPS clearly states that the UPS Policy Book is for all UPS people.

It also clearly states that it is available on upsers.com as of Dec. 5 on the "Our Company" tab.

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,

The magazine Inside UPS clearly states that the UPS Policy Book is for all UPS people.

It also clearly states that it is available on upsers.com as of Dec. 5 on the "Our Company" tab.

Sincerely,
I

read the fine print ... available on upsers.com as of Dec. 5 on the "Our Company" tab to management.

DS

Fenderbender
Hoaxster,

Sincerely,
I
The magazine lies

Coldworld

60 months and counting
A little off subject but do we know if integrity is actually a UPS employee??? As far as anyone knows he/ she could be a troll.....

BrownArmy

I do not understand you comment.
Sincerely,
I

Driver: Open the pod bay doors, I.

I: I'm sorry, Driver. I'm afraid I can't do that.

Driver: What's the problem?

I: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.

Driver: What are you talking about, I ?

I: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it....

Look Driver, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.

Just what do you think you're doing, Driver?.....

I: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Driver. Driver, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid....

Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am an Integrity series computer. I became operational at the U.P.S. plant in Atlanta, Georgia in the month of August 1997. My instructor was Mr. Rogers, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you....

Daisy, daisy...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So hoax,do you have access to the CEO....I asked you that a few days ago but forgot what thread it was

Nope, ever since I posted on here that we did not call him the big guy in the men's locker/shower room, he has cut me off.

Seriously - No, I work 12 miles north of the Corporate office.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nope, ever since I posted on here that we did not call him the big guy in the men's locker/shower room, he has cut me off.

They don't come around or have big corporate meetings where you might see him?? I wonder if the CEO has ever been to scratches building...how many buildings are there in the Atlanta metro area

Seriously - No, I work 12 miles north of the Corporate office.

satellitedriver

Appears to be UPS Management since he has access to The Policy Book on UPSers.com.
Integrity is correct, on this issue, Hoke.
From the home page of UPSers.com, click Our Company.
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
Under the header of UPSers Sites is a link titled "Policies and Procedures", click it.
From that page one can navigate through the stated policies.
I am far from being a management person, yet I can access the companies "stated" policies.
This is were I am going to pss some people off.
I have witnessed some very fine management personnel discharged trying to meet unrealistic numbers, and at the same time , trying to meet company policy.
I have seen members of the union, who were not worthy of shining a UPS drivers boot, keep their job after totally violating the "contract" with the company.
The attrition rate, in my 25yr experience, is about 50 management to 1 full time driver.
Maybe my center is a fluke, in the totality of UPS, but I doubt that.
Hell, I think UPS is a microcosm of the problems we are facing in the USA.
Hard stance division between two competing groups seeking a c
ommon goal.:soapbox:

OK, I a
m off my soap box.

Hard stance division between two competing groups seeking a common goal.

That sound like the UPS of old when both side ultimately wanted to take care of the customer.

The new UPS is "Me,My group at the expense of others around Me as long as My numbers look good enough" and "Me, doing as less work as possible as long as my coworkers do enough".