$13000 additional pension contribution to each member

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I believe the 5 billion went to the UPS Pension plan for part timers, the UPS Retirement Plan for High Salary management and the IBT/UPS pension plan for previous Central States members. The breakdown of the all the investments into the three plans would be interesting, like which plan got the most contributions. Kind of misleading article considering that all these pension plans get annually monetary contributions at the end of the year to maintain manatory funding ratios. It had nothing to do with generosity toward thier employees.

brownIEman

I believe the 5 billion went to the UPS Pension plan for part timers, the UPS Retirement Plan for High Salary management and the IBT/UPS pension plan for previous Central States members. The breakdown of the all the investments into the three plans would be interesting, like which plan got the most contributions. Kind of misleading article considering that all these pension plans get annually monetary contributions at the end of the year to maintain manatory funding ratios. It had nothing to do with generosity toward thier employees.

As stated, "The voluntary contribution raised the funding level to above 90-percent"
This goes beyond the mandatory year end contributions you speak of.

I also would be interested in the breakdown, if anyone finds an article that lists that please post.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
As stated, "The voluntary contribution raised the funding level to above 90-percent"
This goes beyond the mandatory year end contributions you speak of.

I also would be interested in the breakdown, if anyone finds an article that lists that please post.

Still waiting for a knowledgeable respondence to BrownIE's inquiry..? The leadership did contribute over twice as much the last year (5 Billion) compared to the previous year (2.5 Billion). It was a smart decision on a corporate tax deduction, but with ever action there is an underlining reason. Those in management will be seeing a buy out of sorts soon, I reasoned that there was a plan to get the UPS Retirement Plan vested to over 90 percent, it makes sense that the company will be making a deal for early outs and lump sum pension payouts to dwindle down the added costs of keeping those management employees who have 5 to 20 years in that plan. Considering the plan is on it's own after 2023 (no more monetary annually contributions) it is obvious that they will need that money to pay for the added costs that will be associated with a possible Central States collapse.

The restructuring rumors might be valid, start planning before it is announced. Those with over 20 years will be more than likely be given a package deal which I hope will be better than the 2010 one.

The IBT/UPS pension plan is currently protected through collective bargaining, the UPS Pension Plan the same way for most of the part time employees and a majority of the full time members who have vested time under that plan as part timers.