14 day quarantine pay. I may need it.

JustDeliverIt

Not looking forward to the morning phone call.

All three of us in this house have had varying symptoms. We all have had the cough, I have had the headache and a possible short fever last night (the battery is low on the thermometer and that was the only fever reading I got in two days) and they have also had higher fevers and puking. Also one of his coworkers, an asthmatic, is hospitalized fighting pneumonia.

The frustrating part is that NONE of us have been tested.

The way I read it, UPS can grant the paid quarentine without a doctor ordering it.

We shall see.

Good luck. Hope everything works out for you.

rod

Retired 22 years
Unless you’re over 60, have been out of the country, or have a underlying health condition, you will never get approval for the test.
That depends on where he is. Hacking and a fever will get you a test here once you do a video look-see with a doctor. The local Clinic just set up a drive thru test site here.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
National Guard setting up tents at Fedex Field for use as a Corona virus testing station.

c2zSx8f.png

zimbomb

Stay home, use telemedicine. Apply for short term disability. That's all you need to do. Now if you or a member of your household test positive you will receive 10 day's pay. Only the first day of a medical leave can count as an absence, all subsequent days are not counted. Your job and benefits will be secured by short-term disability. Call the boss and say you are medically unfit to work.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Stay home, use telemedicine. Apply for short term disability. That's all you need to do. Now if you or a member of your household test positive you will receive 10 day's pay. Only the first day of a medical leave can count as an absence, all subsequent days are not counted. Your job and benefits will be secured by short-term disability. Call the boss and say you are medically unfit to work.
No thanks.

zimbomb

No thanks.
This tread is about a person asking what to do when their whole house is sick and their probably scared about loosing their job or worse their benefits. These are the benefits in the center state's teamcare package. Not working is the morally responsible thing to do. Navigation of the health care system is not easy.

zimbomb

This was my facilities response to people wearing surgical masks. It's about fear not safety. Layoffs are also about fear to get people to keep working. Don't be a tool protect yourself and protect your coworkers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This tread is about a person asking what to do when their whole house is sick and their probably scared about loosing their job or worse their benefits. These are the benefits in the center state's teamcare package. Not working is the morally responsible thing to do. Navigation of the health care system is not easy.
I've had the flu plenty of times and never taken 10 days off work for it. If people want the time off, go for it, it's a nice benefit we usually don't get.

M

MenInBrown

Not looking forward to the morning phone call.

All three of us in this house have had varying symptoms. We all have had the cough, I have had the headache and a possible short fever last night (the battery is low on the thermometer and that was the only fever reading I got in two days) and they have also had higher fevers and puking. Also one of his coworkers, an asthmatic, is hospitalized fighting pneumonia.

The frustrating part is that NONE of us have been tested.

The way I read it, UPS can grant the paid quarentine without a doctor ordering it.

We shall see.
I don’t think the fever will come and go. The cough is a really dry cough. Anyone correct me if I’m wrong, but if you have a runny nose then you do not have corona? You should just contact your local health department and let them know what’s going on. I think we are covered if health officials quarantine you.