$15 an hour minimum wage.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Just saw on news today over 100,000 mcdonalds workers wearing $15 minimum wage t shirts were on strike today. Can you imagine what those workers would want if they worked here??!!?? Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What I'm saying is a mentally challenged person with one arm and legs could work at mcdonalds. Starting off at ups is very hard and physicaly and mentally challenging and they don't get even close to that.
I question the mental capacity of many preloaders....a lot of drivers with crappy loads everyday might agree with me...lol. Second of all...it's a PT job (in most locals)! I make way more than a new employee and still can't live off my ups check alone. Even if we worked for top driver pay..say 25 hrs a week. That's still only a little more than 40k a year. So, how much an hour is a fair wage?

WESLA

It is what it is
What I'm saying is a mentally challenged person with one arm and legs could work at mcdonalds. Starting off at ups is very hard and physicaly and mentally challenging and they don't get even close to that.
So you've worked at a fast food chain or you are just assuming its a gravy job?
Nothing wrong with wanting a fair wage.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You would be paying $5 for a mcdouble instead of
So you've worked at a fast food chain or you are just assuming its a gravy job?
Nothing wrong with wanting a fair wage.
when I was a kid I swept floors at a machine shop,while being a " bagger" at a grocery store and working preload (3am shift) at ups till I became a ft driver. And yes , working at a fast food chain is a "gravy job". If you can't make it in real world and get a decent paying job, go flip fry's. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. But the truth hurts.

tacken

I question the mental capacity of many preloaders....a lot of drivers with crappy loads everyday might agree with me...lol. Second of all...it's a PT job (in most locals)! I make way more than a new employee and still can't live off my ups check alone. Even if we worked for top driver pay..say 25 hrs a week. That's still only a little more than 40k a year. So, how much an hour is a fair wage?
More than $8.50 an hour?

alwaysoverallowed

Just saw on news today over 100,000 mcdonalds workers wearing $15 minimum wage t shirts were on strike today. Can you imagine what those workers would want if they worked here??!!?? Lol
In my experience in dealing with fast food workers many of them wouldn't make it at ups so the question should be why do part timers feel it's okay to complain about their wages yet fail to vote on contracts or even show up to a union meeting.

bklynupser

How about the fact that places like mcdonalds and walmart hold seminars to teach there employees how to go on public assistance. Now if they payed them more money they would be able to support themselves. Now you say it's a unskilled job but in some areas there is nothing else. Walmarts move in and shut down every other business in the area. Now ppl have to go work for walmart because there's no other jobs.

Sent using BrownCafe App

tacken

So if the show up to meetings and vote on a contracted loaded for the full timer they would get more money?

alwaysoverallowed

You would be paying $5 for a mcdouble instead of

when I was a kid I swept floors at a machine shop,while being a " bagger" at a grocery store and working preload (3am shift) at ups till I became a ft driver. And yes , working at a fast food chain is a "gravy job". If you can't make it in real world and get a decent paying job, go flip fry's. Sorry if that hurts your feelings. But the truth hurts.

No you wouldn't be paying out the nose for fast food because they would have to stay competitive so franchisees would be the ones taking the cut and sorry I don't feel bad for them considering their millionaires many times over.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoc...t-if-mcdonalds-workers-were-paid-15-per-hour/

alwaysoverallowed

How about the fact that places like mcdonalds and walmart hold seminars to teach there employees how to go on public assistance. Now if they payed them more money they would be able to support themselves. Now you say it's a unskilled job but in some areas there is nothing else. Walmarts move in and shut down every other business in the area. Now ppl have to go work for walmart because there's no other jobs.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yeah and the sad part is this is a basically another tax break for the corporation because they get the government to provide healthcare and food(SNAP) so they can make more profits that don't trickle down.