$15/hr for air?!

mcsketcher

Just checked my time card. Called me in on my day off to do air. I was told if they called you in on your off day you got OT.

Now the dude who arranged it is saying that’s the air rate. WTF? Air has gotta be the most valuable stuff too.

Is that normal?

35E294C9-F026-4DA6-A65D-B895CE5C449D.jpeg

mcsketcher

He thought he'd get OT at his driver rate.
Yep. I’m ready to walk out. If I get forced into 2 hrs @$15/hr I’ll clear ~$15 for the 3hrs of my day off they robbed. Worse is it’ll set the precedent that I’ll let them walk over me, cuz I flat refused to do it.

Getting FedEx vibes bad. Disappointing. This company has gone to hell.

BrownStains

I would ask a union steward about it and file a grievance . And if your a regular driver and they ask you to do just air then tell them no , you’re not an air driver . Don’t answer the phone on your day off.

542thruNthru

Yep. I’m ready to walk out. If I get forced into 2 hrs @$15/hr I’ll clear ~$15 for the 3hrs of my day off they robbed. Worse is it’ll set the precedent that I’ll let them walk over me, cuz I flat refused to do it.

Getting FedEx vibes bad. Disappointing. This company has gone to hell.
What exactly is your job title? What day are you being forced in? Where are you located?

You really need to call your BA and discuss this when him/her.

mcsketcher

I would ask a union steward about it and file a grievance . And if your a regular driver and they ask you to do just air then tell them no , you’re not an air driver . Don’t answer the phone on your day off.
I don’t answer on my day off. The dude “asked” when I was at work. I refused. Then he started the threatening. Telling me I had no seniority and he would force me.

It ended with him not getting me to give in and say I’d do it, but telling me I’d have to do it after I was fake asked and said no. I will be talking with a steward ASAP.

mcsketcher

What exactly is your job title? What day are you being forced in? Where are you located?

You really need to call your BA and discuss this when him/her.
Forced in on Monday, so he says. PT cover. NY. Will be talking with a steward soon, but I’m ready to call in not available if they tell me I’m scheduled for air or walk out if I show up and they say I’m just doing air. I was told by a diff sup I was scheduled to work the same day I was asked to do air after I refused the guy demanding I do air.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Forced in on Monday, so he says. PT cover. NY. Will be talking with a steward soon, but I’m ready to call in not available if they tell me I’m scheduled for air or walk out if I show up and they say I’m just doing air. I was told by a diff sup I was scheduled to work the same day I was asked to do air after I refused the guy demanding I do air.
Well if you do air on Monday, that makes your Saturday sixth punch, no? That's a bonus.
When you shuttle are you just doing airport run or bringing air to drivers?

mcsketcher

Well if you do air on Monday, that makes your Saturday sixth punch, no? That's a bonus.
When you shuttle are you just doing airport run or bringing air to drivers?
Delivering air, last mile. Last time I did air they called me off on Tuesday, so no 6th. Lost a full day for split days off and $15.