$15/hr, Wage hikes tied to inflation? "On Topic"

Should wage hikes be linked to inflation?

• Total voters

Hethatbeking

There's a lot of talk about hiking the starting pay for part-time workers to $15 which I think is a good thing. But what about linking any future wage hikes to inflation?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
There's a lot of talk about hiking the starting pay for part-time workers to $15 which I think is a good thing. But what about linking any future wage hikes to inflation?

I agree. Starting pay should be closer to $20/hr with no progression. Just the annual contract wage increases.
Instead of a $15!starting pay why not make a 4 year progression to $20-25 an hour?

brown_trousers

You will be surprised by the new wages for part-timers. Thats all I can say!
Well considering that everyone is predicting a $15 an hour starting pay. It wouldnt be much of a surprise to see it.... unless of course, there is more happening than just the starting pay

How Now Brown Cow

There may be benefits, but they still make it hard to have a second full time job. You get 3.5-4 hours and then there's peak when they want you to work 9-10 hours. Tough to work two full time jobs that time of year. A higher wage would make it easier to get by with a second part time job instead of a FT + a PT job.

Last edited: