15 minute grace when late

Karma is a bitch

Be careful what you say
I was just told something that I've never heard of before in my 30 years at ups. A co-worker was saying that of you punch in late, your still ok because of a 15 minute grace period. ??? I far as I know, if your late, your late. He says no. Says that's what he has always been told. Anyone ever heard of such a thing ?

BrownChoice

Guess something like that might depend on your local?????

cuz it sure as hell aint that way here.. If your late, take as long as u need to get to work lol.. A minute or an hour, dont matter!!

Depending on your history of tardiness here mgmt will either overlook or crack down on being late. If something happens on the way to work and one calls in ahead to let them know they will often disregard a tardy especially if they know others are being held up as well.

But a 15 min grace period in general? No.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was just told something that I've never heard of before in my 30 years at ups. A co-worker was saying that of you punch in late, your still ok because of a 15 minute grace period. ??? I far as I know, if your late, your late. He says no. Says that's what he has always been told. Anyone ever heard of such a thing ?

​I think management treats him differently because he brings in cookies for the sups.

cino321

I've seen people threatened with discipline for being 1 minute late. That being said, UPS can go screw themselves since they change start times in every operation (preload, twi-sort, package, feeder) every damn week.

UPSGUY72

Why don't you give it a try and tell us how it worked out for you. I show up early but that just me...

Cementups

Box Monkey
From what I've seen it all depends on who management wants to pick on. A friend friend mine used to be a minute or two late quite infrequently and they pulled him into the office once day to discuss this "problem". But yet we have drivers who show up daily 15-30 minutes later than their scheduled start time and nary a word is said.

The only "rule" I know of start times is that if you are late for you scheduled start time then you are not guaranteed your 8 hours of pay. If your start time is 8:30 and you punch in on time and then punch out at 17:00, with an hour lunch, then you are still guaranteed 8 hours of pay, though you were only on the clock 7.5 hours. BUT, if your start time is 8:30 and you punch in at 8:32 and still punch out at 17:00, with an hour lunch, then you will be paid straight time and only be paid 7:28. You could change your start time in your DIAD but then you could possibly be subject to falsifying documents and possible termination.

From what I've seen it all depends on who management wants to pick on. A friend friend mine used to be a minute or two late quite infrequently and they pulled him into the office once day to discuss this "problem". But yet we have drivers who show up daily 15-30 minutes later than their scheduled start time and nary a word is said.

The only "rule" I know of start times is that if you are late for you scheduled start time then you are not guaranteed your 8 hours of pay. If your start time is 8:30 and you punch in on time and then punch out at 17:00, with an hour lunch, then you are still guaranteed 8 hours of pay, though you were only on the clock 7.5 hours. BUT, if your start time is 8:30 and you punch in at 8:32 and still punch out at 17:00, with an hour lunch, then you will be paid straight time and only be paid 7:28. You could change your start time in your DIAD but then you could possibly be subject to falsifying documents and possible termination.

We have had PCMs saying exactly, what you just said.

PT Car Washer

I've seen people threatened with discipline for being 1 minute late. That being said, UPS can go screw themselves since they change start times in every operation (preload, twi-sort, package, feeder) every damn week.

Start Mon. 17:30, Tue. 17:00, Wed. 17:15, Tur. 17;00, Fri. 17:45

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I represented a guy that was late 44 times kept his job . Please take note do not be late and if you are have the curtesey to call

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Not in 804 there isn't.....Cach is right..one minute late or an hour. Still late.....

Nimnim

The Nim
Also, late is late. I was always raised, "If you're not early, you're late."

And a great way to live life, can't tell you how many times showing up early has worked out in my favor, from getting an early start at work because no one else was there yet, to not having to sit in a waiting room at a dr. office because the appointment before mine canceled.

This is also a little to the extreme, but I have once had a flat tire on the way to work, changed it and still made it on time.