16 year pt transferred to driver not giving me a fair chance to make book

BrownChoice

I agree
I would love an article 22. But the list is insane
As for the grievance I am realistic I know it wouldn't reverse my dq but if I could at least get that on car sup screamed at thatwould give me some satisfaction

Dont stoop to that level. If anything be a yes man in the future like the guy who made it.

BrownChoice

And like the pt carwasher said, just because you are part time, doesnt mean you can't do pretty well. Ptmer working full time hours, and if at top rate you could make 60k a year, only thing that sucks would be the reduced pension.

UPSGUY72

A question off topic
Is there a redline as far as your pay rate as a pt or does it just continue to go up every year until you retire ?

There is no top out rate you will still get the annual and split annual raises for as long as you are a PT... There are PT make just as much as FT drivers...

Current top rate for PT is $30.70/hr. unskilled. $31.75/hr. for sorters and other skilled jobs. I am not including our raise that we have not received yet.

UPSGUY72

Current top rate for PT is $30.70/hr. unskilled. $31.75/hr. for sorters and other skilled jobs. I am not including our raise that we have not received yet.

So your telling me there is a Top out rate for PT in your area..... In my area PT pay is based on when you first started working PT with all the pay increases since there is not a TOP out rate. A PT starting today will never catch up to a PT who started 5 years ago so there is NOT a top rate... There is however a PT in your building that might be making $30.7 hr or 31.75 hr if they have been working long enough for all the raises they got to add up to that amount....

By saying there is a top rate implies there is a Progression to that top rate there isn't and never will be one for PT employees....

Last edited:
You could look at it that way. I was comparing PT top rate to FT top rate. In some situations PTers make more per hour then FT. In the car wash PT and FT make the same rate. Only person who makes less is an Art.22.3 employee.

Jj1213

Need that full time
You could look at it that way. I was comparing PT top rate to FT top rate. In some situations PTers make more per hour then FT. In the car wash PT and FT make the same rate. Only person who makes less is an Art.22.3 employee.
How about driving on a sat. Pay rate same or diff?

Top rate $24.74/hr. after 2 year progression for PT. Real easy money. We start at 8:00 and if the air trailer is on time can hit the gate by 8:30. 15 to 30 stops before 12:00. Only one to run 30 stops is me and that is going to stop. Mostly around 20 stops. Easy money. Pick ups at UPS Stores in the afternoon and back around 5:00 PM.

Jj1213

Need that full time
Top rate $24.74/hr. after 2 year progression for PT. Real easy money. We start at 8:00 and if the air trailer is on time can hit the gate by 8:30. 15 to 30 stops before 12:00. Only one to run 30 stops is me and that is going to stop. Mostly around 20 stops. Easy money. Pick ups at UPS Stores in the afternoon and back around 5:00 PM.[/quote
Top rate $24.74/hr. after 2 year progression for PT. Real easy money. We start at 8:00 and if the air trailer is on time can hit the gate by 8:30. 15 to 30 stops before 12:00. Only one to run 30 stops is me and that is going to stop. Mostly around 20 stops. Easy money. Pick ups at UPS Stores in the afternoon and back around 5:00 PM.
Would I keep current pay rate?

Starting rate is $11.50/hr. But since you have company seniority you would start at seniority rate of $12.50/hr. Goes up to $13.00hr. after 12 months and $13.50/hr. after 18 months. Top rate after 2 years. Never heard of a minimum number of hours you have to work. Some people work every Saturday they can and some may only work 1 Saturday a month. Beware there are a few Saturdays and Holidays you will be forced to work. Such as Mother's Day Saturday and the Friday after Thanksgiving, and maybe Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. I and a fellow Saturday driver always take Thanksgiving week off for vacation for this reason. Lost a few Saturday drivers because they refused to work the Holidays.

Jj1213

Need that full time
Starting rate is $11.50/hr. But since you have company seniority you would start at seniority rate of $12.50/hr. Goes up to $13.00hr. after 12 months and $13.50/hr. after 18 months. Top rate after 2 years. Never heard of a minimum number of hours you have to work. Some people work every Saturday they can and some may only work 1 Saturday a month. Beware there are a few Saturdays and Holidays you will be forced to work. Such as Mother's Day Saturday and the Friday after Thanksgiving, and maybe Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. I and a fellow Saturday driver always take Thanksgiving week off for vacation for this reason. Lost a few Saturday drivers because they refused to work the Holidays.
Tnx for the info

Jj1213

Need that full time
If my SPORH was anywhere near 22 my management team would be doing cartwheels in the parking lot.
Hr called me today and said they agree with management decision with the dq. "Numbers not good enough and 6 days prob wouldn't change"
What a surprise

barnyard

KTM rider
Chances are, you are not going to make it then either. You can grieve that too and it will not get you a FT job. If your bosses do not see you as a good driver, you might as well wait until there are new bosses.