177 has a TA.

More new language.

Improved loss of license language.

Improved driver transfer language.

Improved drivers forced to layoff language.

Improved feeder seniority rights by adding job security language.

Option to use option week into personal days.

Better healthcare then CS.

Pension raise that will allow better bid jobs and better vacation picks for workers.

Concessions won here.

A yes vote is in order.

More new language.

Pension raise that will allow better bid jobs and better vacation picks for workers.

Concessions won here.

A yes vote is in order.
Don't bother explaining to these people. They won't like it no matter what.

The Milkman

More new language.

Concessions won here.

A yes vote is in order.

Better and more costly for Retirees like myself? Or more costly and less benefits compared to what I have had for the last 6 years? Just wondering because I have heard alot of this and that concerning retirees.

I love it!!!
Would they gotten any of these "enhancements" had they voted yes the first time?
Your right. I voted yes and I was out numbered and we got more. The only differences is I'm pushing harder to get more yes votes. Because if it gets voted down a second time NNC will get involved.

That's not what we need.

rpoz11

More new language.

Concessions won here.

A yes vote is in order.

If this is true,
Then as from someone from the WC,
Will ya'll step up and help us lock down this HC Plan beyond 2018?!!!

opie

Nothing much done for part timers. Option week into personal days? *yawn* Only thing I like is reduced time restriction for part time employees who fail to qualify for full time positions from 1 year to 6 months. But only for the first time, thereafter it's 9 months I believe. Nothing on creating or at least maintaining FT jobs, particularly 22.3's.

Part timers are getting screwed big time in New Jersey minimum wage is going up to $8.25 an hour starting rate at ups is going to $10.00 an hour the average part timer works 18 to 20 hours per week that's about $180.00 bucks a week after taxes about $160.00 per week minus about $ 20.00 - $25.00 for gas per week minus car expenses tires,oil chances etc,etc minus union dues that will leave you with an average of about $100.00 to $110.00 for yourself for a back breaking job not worth it deliver pizza on a Friday night at your local pizzeria or dominos for about 7hours and make $100.00 to $110.00 on tips 1 day 7 hours a week.If UPS doesn't chance this soon no one will want to work for them part time or at least no one good and responsible.For a job as hard as this back bracking job the starting salary should be no less than $ 12.00 to $ 13.00 an hour.I started at UPS about 3 months ago for insurance and benefits only I am self employed for about 12 years now and I notice how much trash they hire people that don't give a dam there late every day lazy I work with one guy that's late 3 to 4 times a week 15 to 20 minutes a day not to mentioned the people that quick within the first couple of months.If UPS doesn't change there policy soon (starting pay) there part time help will get worse and worse.

The Milkman

How much would those insurance benefits cost if you had to pay for them yourself?

Most people would quit before they kick in. Brown Puto so right...After all is said and done you cant pay for your gas or food with your medical card if you hang around long enough to get one.

Wally - I am paying about $1400.00 a month for a decent policy for myself and my family.For me or anyone else who does it just for the insurance it's worth it but most part timers young kids don't have a family could care less about insurance. This will be a big problem going forward for UPS if nothing is done.For what I understand the starting pay today is the same as it was 15 to 20 years ago plus back them you only had to wait 30 days for insurance to kick in.Today not only is the starting pay the same but you have to wait 1 year for yourself and 18 months for your family so in reality part timers are making less today then they were 15 years ago (this makes no sense).I can't believe part timers and the union allowed this to happen along the years.

By the way starting pay for part timers is really not going up a $1.50 like they say,the union and ups is just trying to paint a pretty picture and we fools fall for it.
Starting pay now $8.50 after 90 days $1.00 raise taking you to $9.50
starting pay with new contract $10.00 after 90 days $0.00 raise taking you to $10.00
So after 90 days you will now make .50 cents more per/hour then you did with last contract and 15 years ago.
​UPS does not take care of its part timers

bbsam

Staff member
Holy crap! I started at UPS 25 years ago making $8/hr. All things considered it's gotten alot.worse.