18 months without a raise

Oldfart

no pay action in October. Looks like we will have to go 18 months without a raise again.
BOOHOO

You got a raise early and still complain.
Why didn't you call payroll last March and have them defer that raise until this month and then you wouldn't have to go 18 months without a raise.

SFFX

So I'm guessing that Math and Corporate PR Stunts are hard for you to figure out. Who would want a 3% one time bonus instead of waiting 6 month for the annual 3% raise. Why is that hard for anyone to understand? Express not only got the HUGE tax break, they used it as a PR stunt to act like they are passing it to there employees. So yes, would I have liked Express to have waited the 6 months and get what we have the last 2 years.

fedex_rtd

So I'm guessing that Math and Corporate PR Stunts are hard for you to figure out. Who would want a 3% one time bonus instead of waiting 6 month for the annual 3% raise. Why is that hard for anyone to understand? Express not only got the HUGE tax break, they used it as a PR stunt to act like they are passing it to there employees. So yes, would I have liked Express to have waited the 6 months and get what we have the last 2 years.

Exactly...the company got good PR, the lemonade drinkers took it as gospel. If you went from step 9 to 10 it was not a bad deal, however if you were a lower step employee, then you got the purple shaft sans lube, as you did NOT see the additional 2% or 3% raise that you would normally have gotten with a step increase.

The company screwed everyone, sure the top of range guys got a 1.5% bonus, but the CPI is looking to be above 4% this year.

Percentage wise social security recipients will get a higher raise.

Oldfart

Exactly...the company got good PR, the lemonade drinkers took it as gospel. If you went from step 9 to 10 it was not a bad deal, however if you were a lower step employee, then you got the purple shaft sans lube, as you did NOT see the additional 2% or 3% raise that you would normally have gotten with a step increase.

The company screwed everyone, sure the top of range guys got a 1.5% bonus, but the CPI is looking to be above 4% this year.

Get your facts correct. Top of range got 3%. 1.5 in March or April. We are getting 1.5 in a week or so.

Didn't every person get moved up a step. You claim that ONLY step 9 moved up? That's not correct.

Oldfart

They can give me $2300 bonus for PR reasons any time they want. Only a fool would complain about a bonus, even if it is for PR.

vantexan

You got the step increase 6 months early, so that's 6 months of better pay beyond what you would've gotten. After getting shafted for a decade or so on raises I think with the new plan you've got it much better than we did.

fedex_rtd

Get your facts correct. Top of range got 3%. 1.5 in March or April. We are getting 1.5 in a week or so.

Didn't every person get moved up a step. You claim that ONLY step 9 moved up? That's not correct.

I used step 9to 10 as an example, however you bragging about the top of range getting a 3% bonus when nobody else did show you don’t care about your fellow employees.

Good for you! The company likes stupid employees that only think short term. Do you think that bonus will continue??? How many times have you seen these bonus or payout scams continue for mor than a few years?

The employees that lost out were the lower and mid range employees that only got a step raise of 3% to 4%, but they did not get the additional 3% cost of living raise that we traditionally get in October.

Only a fool would think an early 4% raise 6 months early is better than a 7% raise 6 months later knowing that it will be compounded in the future pay actions.

vantexan

I used step 9to 10 as an example, however you bragging about the top of range getting a 3% bonus when nobody else did show you don’t care about your fellow employees.

Good for you! The company likes stupid employees that only think short term. Do you think that bonus will continue??? How many times have you seen these bonus or payout scams continue for mor than a few years?

The employees that lost out were the lower and mid range employees that only got a step raise of 3% to 4%, but they did not get the additional 3% cost of living raise that we traditionally get in October.

Only a fool would think an early 4% raise 6 months early is better than a 7% raise 6 months later knowing that it will be compounded in the future pay actions.
There's a new pay plan. Midrange employees before this plan didn't get a "traditional" 3% cost of living raise. They got 2%, period. Topped out employees didn't get 3% on top of another raise. They got 3%, period. There's no guarantee that topped out employees under the new plan will get anything. They're topped out. The company may or may not give them something based on market conditions. If that's something you don't agree with there's a surplus of jobs out there, go get another one. After many years of making much less than top out and not catching up to top out it really grates to hear a topped out employee get angry over what he perceives is unfairness.

fedex_rtd

They can give me $2300 bonus for PR reasons any time they want. Only a fool would complain about a bonus, even if it is for PR.

You have only seen $1150. Your hoping that they will pay out the rest in October, and continue to do so again in April.

Just remember what happened in the past to “bonus” pays...they disappear with no explanations.

fedex_rtd

There's a new pay plan. Midrange employees before this plan didn't get a "traditional" 3% cost of living raise. They got 2%, period. Topped out employees didn't get 3% on top of another raise. They got 3%, period. There's no guarantee that topped out employees under the new plan will get anything. They're topped out. The company may or may not give them something based on market conditions. If that's something you don't agree with there's a surplus of jobs out there, go get another one. After many years of making much less than top out and not catching up to top out it really grates to hear a topped out employee get angry over what he perceives is unfairness.

It took me 19 years to top out, so I know your pain. Yes I am a topped out employee, unlike others on this board I care about others not just myself, guys like Oldfart only care about themselves, and their “$2300 bonus”

By giving out a smaller than normal raise in April and skipping a normal raise in October. The company has found a way to save money in the long run by once again giving out a smaller pay raise

vantexan

It took me 19 years to top out, so I know your pain. Yes I am a topped out employee, unlike others on this board I care about others not just myself, guys like Oldfart only care about themselves, and their “$2300 bonus”

By giving out a smaller than normal raise in April and skipping a normal raise in October. The company has found a way to save money in the long run by once again giving out a smaller pay raise
All the midrange employees got their October raise in April, thus 6 months of higher pay earlier than normal. How were they shortchanged?

MAKAVELI

Read these two paragraphs a few times Van and you might get it.:happy2:
All the midrange employees got their October raise in April, thus 6 months of higher pay earlier than normal. How were they shortchanged?

vantexan

Read these two paragraphs a few times Van and you might get it.:happy2:
I get it fine. He's saying they're owed a cost of living raise on top of a regular raise. Topped out isn't owed anything. The company gave them a bonus. And midrange isn't being cheated. Far from it. They're getting their step raise 6 months early. That means they moved up only 6 months after the last raise, instead of waiting a year for it.