19 Secrets of UPS Drivers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
19 Secrets of UPS Drivers - Mental Floss

You may have a good relationship with your UPS driver, but how much do you really know about his or her job? The brown-clad United Parcel Service workers deliver more than 15 million packages a day to more than 220 countries and territories around the world; they even deliver to the North Pole. But what’s it really like to be a UPS driver? Here are some little-known facts from drivers who did their time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Funny article. Someone should have fact checked it before the press release.
2.All drivers must attend and graduate from a specialized training class called “Integrad". Sorry, but not true.
3.Good drivers get rewarded…
...with gifts from a catalog. Sorry, but not any longer.
16. They don't turn left. Really?

rod

Retired 22 years
Funny article. Someone should have fact checked it before the press release.
2.All drivers must attend and graduate from a specialized training class called “Integrad". Sorry, but not true.
3.Good drivers get rewarded…
...with gifts from a catalog. Sorry, but not any longer.
16. They don't turn left. Really?

I was going to post exactly what you did. I'm living proof that not ALL drivers must attend training classes. I never went to ANY UPS school--Integrad or 3 day or anything. I've never been in any UPS building that had a classroom in it. I still laugh every time someone asks me if its true that UPS drivers can't make a left turn. How dumb can people be? The article does bring up some good points though.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
1.) ...Ever wondered why your UPS man can’t stick around to hear your life story?...

If only they all knew this part!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I never went to integrad. Since Orion I turn left more than ever. There are no gifts. What a crock.
And I dont really have time to listen to your life story. When you come to the door in jammies at 3pm, and you didnt work the graveyard shift. And you want to complain about your system overload.
And I do not expect anyone to meet me halfway, although that is nice when it rarely happens. But when you see me unloading heavy stuff, it would be nice if after you peek out the window, if you could just open your door, minus killer the rottweiler.
And it would really be nice if our salary had not been mentioned. People already think we make too much when at 8pm, we should not be hot, cold, tired or hungry, because we make 30 bucks an hour. We are not human. We are machines.