1943 copper penny sold

UPSSOCKS

Maybe this should be in current events but this pertains to the pursuit of the holy grail, a goal that Rod and hence I , his humble student, pursue as well: to have a 1943 copper penny.

One was just sold. Darn , that's one that I won't find. Oh well, Rod and I will keep looking.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/09/prweb4557664.htm

Wow, I didn't know a denver one was out there. I have a buddy that just lost his father. His father rolled every piece of change he had for most of his adult life. Knowing that I am an advid collector he asked me to look at some of the change. I couldn't even count the amount of rolls of silver quarters he had. Anyhow long story short, he had a shelf filled with old sanka coffee cans. Each of the cans were full of pennies. Lots of Wheaters. I know this doesn't compare to the 43 copper, but we found a 1909 S VDB. He gave it to me for nothing in exchange for my services with the selling of the collection. The collection is massive and the first bid we received was for $75,000. I wouldn't be surprised if that offer is doubled. The silver alone is worth that.

P

pickup

Wow, I didn't know a denver one was out there. I have a buddy that just lost his father. His father rolled every piece of change he had for most of his adult life. Knowing that I am an advid collector he asked me to look at some of the change. I couldn't even count the amount of rolls of silver quarters he had. Anyhow long story short, he had a shelf filled with old sanka coffee cans. Each of the cans were full of pennies. Lots of Wheaters. I know this doesn't compare to the 43 copper, but we found a 1909 S VDB. He gave it to me for nothing in exchange for my services with the selling of the collection. The collection is massive and the first bid we received was for $75,000. I wouldn't be surprised if that offer is doubled. The silver alone is worth that.

Who woulda thunk it?, upssocks is a numismatist.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

I am sort of a collector also. I collect grievance checks for supervisors working. You should see my pile!! Growing every week.

Thanks SOCKS!!

rod

Retired 22 years
I've been collecting coins since about 4th grade. I'm sure somewhere down the line my grandkids, daughter, son-in-law or wifes next husband will have fun selling my life long collection. I would but I still enjoy looking at it and adding to it every once in awhile. An 09 S VDB is a great find in this day and age. i've got probably 50-1943 steel pennies and was always going to have a few copper plated as a joke but never did. I remember one year when I was young I spent a complete Roosevelt dime collection (1946-1964 ) at the local county fair on the crane machines. My Dad threatened to take the rest of my collection away for that trick.

UPSSOCKS

I am sort of a collector also. I collect grievance checks for supervisors working. You should see my pile!! Growing every week.

Thanks SOCKS!!

It all equals out in the end. You take from the company in your place of work, and I take from the union in my place of work. I'm willing to bet the more you file the more you lose in the long run. This was a legit thread and some part time union steward had to ruin it... What a waste..

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
It all equals out in the end. You take from the company in your place of work, and I take from the union in my place of work. I'm willing to bet the more you file the more you lose in the long run. This was a legit thread and some part time union steward had to ruin it... What a waste..

Nice argument. You violate an agrement entered into by your BOSSES and I am the one doing something wrong. Really SOCKS? Try again.

P

pickup

LOL, have you been dancing too close to that line again?

I told you not to ask!:biting: The reason why I was test posting was because in an attempt to help helen of california with her mac , I was changing the settings of my computer(to see what the results would be if I attempted to go into chat) as I was posting a reply to her post. The result was that when I finally attempted to post, the computer asked me to log in (when I already had logged in) . So I lost my initial post and changed my settings back to what they were before . So before I was going to post again(and the post had to be painstakingly stated in such a precise way), I wanted to test my posting ability in a thread that had probably seen the end of the road anyway.

Got it now, junior? :wink2:

Since we are on the subject, I noticed a post of mine disappeared in another thread in which I made fun of a certain poster(who is also a moderator) sticking his foot in his mouth twice in one thread. So as for dancing too close to the line, I think the line is dancing too close to me in that instance .

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I told you not to ask!:biting: The reason why I was test posting was because in an attempt to help helen of california with her mac , I was changing the settings of my computer(to see what the results would be if I attempted to go into chat) as I was posting a reply to her post. The result was that when I finally attempted to post, the computer asked me to log in (when I already had logged in) . So I lost my initial post and changed my settings back to what they were before . So before I was going to post again(and the post had to be painstakingly stated in such a precise way), I wanted to test my posting ability in a thread that had probably seen the end of the road anyway.

Got it now, junior? :wink2:

Since we are on the subject, I noticed a post of mine disappeared in another thread in which I made fun of a certain poster(who is also a moderator) sticking his foot in his mouth twice in one thread. So as for dancing too close to the line, I think the line is dancing too close to me in that instance .
Oh, and here I was thinking that you mistakenly posted in your "pickup" personality, while using the screen name tieguy.:wink2: