2 days on time network... 2 days where it feels like 2005

Faceplanted

So... ontime network. We’ve heard this before right?

This push seems to be much different than the othersf, pick up times have been changed, airport plane departure times have been changed... in my building lots has been changed...

The result?

Honestly amazing. Most of my center has been off by 7pm. I’m happy as :censored2: these past 2 days. I have been heading in after my last pick up the past 2 days.... so let’s think about this...

Why now?

This could have happened anytime over the past couple years. I straight up told my center manager that I felt this was an absolute front, and I felt this was done directly to get yes votes. I told him this after our pcm the past couple days where they claimed

“this is done to get us done at a reasonable time so we can get home to our family, and so our customer are happy with ontime air service”

Absolute bs. This is 100% for yes votes. I’ll be honest, even my sour ass will enjoy my job a lot more if I keep getting home and get to enjoy an hour of sun lite

My purpose of this thread is to inspire thought.... why now? Why the hard push? Why?

Think about it....

Last edited:

Faceplanted

I'm not accepting 70 hour work weeks for a few month of 9 hour days. If the proposal is garbage it's gonna be a NO vote!
Honestly corporate is smarter than 90% of drivers. I’m not stupid nor do I buy into this bs. Sad thing is, the mentality in my center has legit made a 180 the last 2 days. If ups can keep this 8:30am to 6:30-7 pm schedule into July, all the room temperature iq idiots will vote yes. Come sept, it will be back to 9:00pm clock out normal.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Honestly corporate is smarter than 90% of drivers. I’m not stupid nor do I buy into this bs. Sad thing is, the mentality in my center has legit made a 180 the last 2 days. If ups can keep this 8:30am to 6:30-7 pm schedule into July, all the room temperature iq idiots will vote yes. Come sept, it will be back to 9:00pm clock out normal.
Sadly, you are correct.

Ghost in the Darkness

They can show flashes of competance but the fact remains no one else is held to the same standard in this company as delivery drivers. I expect to come in everyday with a sabotaged day waiting for me, cleaning up messes and dispatch errors before I even get on the road, and to perform small miracles just to have a decent day.

I am voting no. I will wait to see if the proposal changes my mind and if not I will influence others to also vote no. I've got so much venom that I'm actually looking forward to the annual united way harassment so I can unleash.

9.5er

Same stop count, same start time. Get air in 45 minutes earlier. Seems like another ploy to squeeze out more production from us.

This push seems to be much different than the othersf, pick up times have been changed, airport plane departure times have been changed... in my building lots has been changed...

The result?

Honestly amazing. Most of my center has been off by 7pm. I’m happy as :censored2: these past 2 days. I have been heading in after my last pick up the past 2 days.... so let’s think about this...

Why now?

This could have happened anytime over the past couple years. I straight up told my center manager that I felt this was an absolute front, and I felt this was done directly to get yes votes. I told him this after our pcm the past couple days where they claimed

“this is done to get us done at a reasonable time so we can get home to our family, and so our customer are happy with ontime air service”

Absolute bs. This is 100% for yes votes. I’ll be honest, even my sour ass will enjoy my job a lot more if I keep getting home and get to enjoy an hour of sun lite

My purpose of this thread is to inspire thought.... why now? Why the hard push? Why?

Think about it....
Vote Yes on the strike vote.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
*Gif of that one puppet guy barfing*
AC84C382-7916-40F5-B791-9AB948011F4A.gif

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I have no clue what you’re talking about with this on time thing. My center will be “fixed” for a week or two at a time then it’s months of the same bull over again. I’m voting no whether I’m off at 5 or off at 1029.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The result?

Why now?

Think about it....

They tried the same BS in 97 before the strike

DM comes out of his cave long enough to give a rousing speech at pcm about we are going to do our best to get everyone in earlier

Lasted a few days then back to SNAFU

opie

No word here of this "On Time" thing. Even asked the airport supervisor if planes were going be leaving earlier, and hasn't heard anything. So maybe this is just in certain areas. The driver start times, have been moved up, but that has been since January.

Faceplanted

No word here of this "On Time" thing. Even asked the airport supervisor if planes were going be leaving earlier, and hasn't heard anything. So maybe this is just in certain areas. The driver start times, have been moved up, but that has been since January.
In my area this push has been dead serious. And it has been getting enforced. Spc has dropped 5-20 per route, late pick ups have also been moved an hour forward.

We have had major issues with drivers running out of hours on Friday even this time of year.... magically everything has been fixed

All for us to “get home and spend time with our families”. Ya ok

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They tried the same BS in 97 before the strike

DM comes out of his cave long enough to give a rousing speech at pcm about we are going to do our best to get everyone in earlier

Lasted a few days then back to SNAFU

These guys are being played, and very few realize it.

Faceplanted

These guys are being played, and very few realize it.
30-40% of my center are new drivers who went from clocking out at 9-1030pm everyday To clocking out at 7pm.

“Muah, family time. I love my job now”.

I give it to up to corporate..... :censored2:ing genius way to play their pocket 5s.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
30-40% of my center are new drivers who went from clocking out at 9-1030pm everyday To clocking out at 7pm.

“Muah, family time. I love my job now”.

I give it to corporate..... :censored2:ing genius way to play their pocket 5s.

Like @burrheadd said, it was tried in '97.

Didn't work out so well then.