2 part question. Penalties/Union representation.

Just hit two years with the company and for the last six to eight months I've been having a lot of issues. First there were multiple payroll shortages that took around five months to get resolved now I'm just waiting on the penalty check. Thing is it's been two months and I'm just wondering when I should expect to get that check. Second problem my BA never calls me back I literally call him once a week about this issue and I get nothing. I feel like if I pay dues I deserve at least a returned call what can I do?

trickpony1

Since the BA won't return your calls call the union hall and speak to the President.

If this doesn't work contact NLRB.
If this doesn't work contact your state Labor Board.

Isn't there contract language about the time period for penalty checks?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Since the BA won't return your calls call the union hall and speak to the President.

There is no excuse for not returning calls.

Just hit two years with the company and for the last six to eight months I've been having a lot of issues.

That's kind of odd....

Isn't there contract language about the time period for penalty checks?

Oh yeah.

"Any grievance settlement not paid within ten (10) working days of the settlement shall entitle the grievant(s) to a penalty payment as outlined above. The ten (10) working day period shall begin to run when the Labor Department representative agrees to the settlement, or is notified by the Union or management team of the settlement."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18nationalmaster.pdf

-Bug-

Appreciate the feedback. I've been pulling teeth trying to get this :censored2: sorted. I'm in debt and my living situation has been jeopardized multiple times due to them not paying me correctly four times in six weeks then waiting seventeen weeks to get the grievances settled, all the while my BA seemingly doesn't give a :censored2: that I pay dues. Last time I asked to speak with anyone besides him at the union hall he returned my call in about twenty minutes I guess I just gotta harass his boss.

542thruNthru

Appreciate the feedback. I've been pulling teeth trying to get this :censored2: sorted. I'm in debt and my living situation has been jeopardized multiple times due to them not paying me correctly four times in six weeks then waiting seventeen weeks to get the grievances settled, all the while my BA seemingly doesn't give a :censored2: that I pay dues. Last time I asked to speak with anyone besides him at the union hall he returned my call in about twenty minutes I guess I just gotta harass his boss.

Show up to your monthly general membership meeting. Speak with your president about what's going on. If your president doesn't do anything or the situation doesn't change. Bring it up at the meeting in front of all the members and demand a answer why you're not being properly represented.

Nah

I knew a guy in the same situation. He called his landlord in the HR office and forced the HR guy to explain why his rent was gonna be late. The HR guy was really embarrassed to be put on the spot like that, but I guess after that his issue got fixed and he hasn't had problems since.

I wouldn't have the stones to do what he did, but I guess if you're desperate enough to try it...

Personally, I like to ride the gravy train as far as it will take me. Like @BigUnionGuy showed you, after 10 working days the clock starts ticking again. Your penalty pay has been adding up for most of those 17 weeks.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just hit two years with the company and for the last six to eight months I've been having a lot of issues. First there were multiple payroll shortages that took around five months to get resolved now I'm just waiting on the penalty check. Thing is it's been two months and I'm just wondering when I should expect to get that check. Second problem my BA never calls me back I literally call him once a week about this issue and I get nothing. I feel like if I pay dues I deserve at least a returned call what can I do?
Chances are the BA expects you to talk to the steward, and vice versa. No one really wants to do any legwork, you are a nusciance to them

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
how much were they shorting you