20,767 didn't vote in New York

DorkHead

This stipulation that a "non vote" counts as a yes vote was the Union`s ace in the hole. They knew that by counting non votes as yes votes, they would have no problem passing their pension reductions. If it was based on actual votes it would have been turned down by 2 to 1.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This stipulation that a "non vote" counts as a yes vote was the Union`s ace in the hole. They knew that by counting non votes as yes votes, they would have no problem passing their pension reductions. If it was based on actual votes it would have been turned down by 2 to 1.

That stipulation was put in by the Treasury, not the Union.

There is absolutely no excuse for not voting. We were given three options to vote-----by mail, phone or online. I voted online----took less than a minute.

The cuts would have passed regardless of the outcome of the vote.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I hear you . I guess if we ever come to that point in the fund I am in , I would take a look at how much is there and the projected life of the fund , as well as the age I would be when they asked for the reduction . If the day "nothing at all" came , it could very well be by not taking the reduction , I'd have gotten more money before I croaked.