Coming Soon ...... "Twenty Questions" to ask your manager relating to:

- the recent elimination of your shift premiums
- 2012 insurance premium increases
- the recent degradation of your healthcare benefits
- upcoming "Rightsizing" measures targeting Express
- regressive Courier pay rates and programs
- a host of other take aways and "take backs"

Stay Turned!

Er, why would your average ops mgr know the answers? They may get a heads up on impending changes before we do, but probably not that far in advance. Loose lips sink ships.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Seems like this happened today.
We all got notified that a sta. in our district is closing to "cut costs".
All routes will be absorbed by neighboring stas.

You're fixing to be in my position brother...when we split ours up, I lost 23 senior people over me, when the other local station closed, I got 40 to replace them.

whenIgetthere

You're fixing to be in my position brother...when we split ours up, I lost 23 senior people over me, when the other local station closed, I got 40 to replace them.

We had a station close 18 months ago near us. The three stations closest (including ours) absorbed all the routes. Now all three stations are running well over 100% capacity. Don't think any routes got eliminated, not at our station anyways. The other stations could be a different story. I do know that it helped with some areas where couriers from two stations had to drive through the other stations area to get to some stops.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Luckily my sta. will not be absorbing any of the closed stas. routes.
My sta. is pretty far away (from everything)

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
Yup. Cutting costs is the name of the game at FedEx Express. It's ALWAYS the Ground Ops folks who get the shaft. They have cut our hours, pay & benefits, while increasing our health care premiums. What is left? I believe that Express Division is on it's way out and has been ever since FDX Ground came along and took a huge chunk of our work away. "Right Sizing" indeed.