200,000 miles on a package car

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My old Freightliner 7 cube had 465k when they pulled it. It ran great but the frame was going according to the shop.

Thebrownstreak

we had a old high step 800 in our center that had 875k. It became a yard truck for moving tp60's and snow plowing. I remember having it the christmas before they took it off the road….i'd be going down the highway at 45 while everyone was passing me at 70….the thing was an absolute beast in the snow. It drove through 12 inches of snow like it was on dry pavement. The new trucks just don't handle the snow well

Rainman

Its all good.
I drove an old P5 once with 875,000 miles on it. Most of our old P8s have around 375,000 or more. And we have a bunch of them. Good thing for us that most of them are part of the mothball fleet, only used as a last resort or at peak by temps. We have a large facility, so all of the individual centers in the district send all of their old cars to us when they get new ones.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I once had a connecting rod break and go out the bottom of the oil pan, it was in car #14222 "the triple deuce" which was a 1958 model year Ford P-800 with a 300" straight-6 engine. I rejoiced, thinking I had finally sent that wretched piece of crap to its grave. Not a chance...they put a fresh motor in that night and I was back in the same damn truck the next morning. We used to have spare engines on pallets and the mechanics could do a complete removal and reinstall in a few hours. Those were the days...

bbsam

Staff member
I once had a connecting rod break and go out the bottom of the oil pan, it was in car #14222 "the triple deuce" which was a 1958 model year Ford P-800 with a 300" straight-6 engine. I rejoiced, thinking I had finally sent that wretched piece of crap to its grave. Not a chance...they put a fresh motor in that night and I was back in the same damn truck the next morning. We used to have spare engines on pallets and the mechanics could do a complete removal and reinstall in a few hours. Those were the days...
Had a 98 International in need of a new clutch earlier in the week. According to the mechanics, it was 15 minutest out and 20 minutes back in...on a job that books about 7 hours.

Yes Sober, Those were the days! I would take one of those Ford P-800's over Orion and back first exception print outs any day. My customers have always been first and will continue to be, no matter what. First post for me and wont be the last!