2009 calendars

pakmule

A roller dog for lunch
Got to look at the 2009 calender today. Is there anything safe from the "Going Green" theme"? Its basically a recycled paper mat thats folded over three times. No pictures or anything. If you guys thought the 2008 calender was bad, this thing wins the prize for worst ever.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't seen it yet and it sounds like I don't want too. I'm not going to do my yearly rant about how bad the new calenders are this time.

BrownSuit

Yeah, they are beyond bad.

As was mentioned, just one long piece of green paper with how UPS has saved the world with being environmentally friendly.

Our customer's look forward to this every year, I'm not sure what they will think this year.

It shows two months at a time.

upsgrunt

Do they at least have a little sliver of airplane aluminum in them? If not, I can get a hold of a whole box of those "collectables" to add to them- if they weren't thrown away yet!

705red

Browncafe Steward
That what we get for promoting an outsider to ceo! No turkeys and horrible calendars! The employees looked forward to both for years!

upshawk

Calling these things calenders is being very generous. Customers don't want a calender with 6 months on a side and without pictures. This may seem like a simple thing but our customers are going to be way disappointed. This lack of understanding by the higher ups of what the customers want is really starting to scare me!!

Big Babooba

Calling these things calenders is being very generous. Customers don't want a calender with 6 months on a side and without pictures. This may seem like a simple thing but our customers are going to be way disappointed. This lack of understanding by the higher ups of what the customers want is really starting to scare me!!
Well the bean counters say, "Let them eat beans!":happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy

You are so right.
Its going to be tough to give them away this year, I'll have to beg people to take them.

Got to look at the 2009 calender today. Is there anything safe from the "Going Green" theme"? Its basically a recycled paper mat thats folded over three times. No pictures or anything. If you guys thought the 2008 calender was bad, this thing wins the prize for worst ever.

Yeah lets "Go Green" with this calender. We just need to print 10 million of them. And how much paper/labels gets wasted every morning for PAS?

I agree the calenders went to crap as of around 5 years ago. I liked the old ones with bridges, stadiums, attractions, countrysides, scenic views, etc.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Damn, this means I will have to buy an extra calendar this year. I use UPS calendars to keep track of who is on vacation and days off and 8 hr requests.