2012 Minimum Wage Increase

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Omg..... Upstate is defrauding his insurance company???

Isn't he actually defrauding UPS into paying for his grown son's insurance?
Could this not be considered a cardinal sin in the form of dishonesty?
Good thing for him he's anonymous on thus forum and beloved by his coworkers.

menotyou

bella amicizia
That worthless union who's only job is to promote mediocrity is apparently good enough to provide insurance to his GROWN ADULT son.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Isn't he actually defrauding UPS into paying for his grown son's insurance?
Could this not be considered a cardinal sin in the form of dishonesty?
Good thing for him he's anonymous on thus forum and beloved by his coworkers.

Do you hear that?
That's the sound of dimes dropping like rain drops in upstate NY.

That worthless union who's only job is to promote mediocrity is apparently good enough to provide insurance to his GROWN ADULT son.

Wow...where to start...my son is not nor has ever been offered health insurance through his employer. Obamacare mandates that insurance companies must extend coverage to children up to the age of 26 if their employers do not offer health insurance. He is a FT college student and prior to the start of each semester we must certify that he is enrolled in the upcoming semester and that he is not offered health insurance through his employer. This form has the "to my knowledge all answers are truthful..." disclaimer and must be signed by the member.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The law is the law. My 24 year old daughter is also on my insurance. Might as well take advantage of it. Before she got back on my plan I found her health insurance online for 50 bucks a month. My wife is also on my insurance even though her employer offers it at a cost.

over9five

Staff member
If my kids didn't have their own insurance, I would cover them as Upstate and Brownmonster did.

What exactly is the eligibility rules? I think that the "childs" work can't offer them insurance (whether they'd have to pay for it or not).
Also, I think being able to buy some online plan wouldn't count.

I would imagine, as Upstate said, that individually owned businesses (franchises) do not have to provide insurance.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Lord knows, I love it when someone picks on Ol' Nancy. I would insure my dogs, if I could. Here's the thing, I don't go running around knocking the union that is providing that lovely insurance that the law mandates.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Better Benefits: Papa John's Restaurants | Papa John's: Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.

Papa Johns does offer health insurance

Wow...where to start...my son is not nor has ever been offered health insurance through his employer. Obamacare mandates that insurance companies must extend coverage to children up to the age of 26 if their employers do not offer health insurance. He is a FT college student and prior to the start of each semester we must certify that he is enrolled in the upcoming semester and that he is not offered health insurance through his employer. This form has the "to my knowledge all answers are truthful..." disclaimer and must be signed by the member.

The above link provided by upsman68 says your son has insurance available to him through his employer, so you are defrauding the company.
When does the next semester start?
Now that you know better, will you do the right thing?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are covered, but your son should not be.
He its being covered under false pretences.
You two are committing fraud.

My son works for a franchise, not for Papa John's corporate, and has never been offered health care coverage.

He did get to drive the owner's Jaguar one day while making deliveries.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My son works for a franchise, not for Papa John's corporate, and has never been offered health care coverage.

He did get to drive the owner's Jaguar one day while making deliveries.

They're all franchises Nancy.
Did you bother to read the link.
Your son is eligible to buy into their health care plan.
You and your son are committing fraud.
You can no longer claim ignorance.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I can see the guys at the gas station coffee club, slapping high fives and belly laughing, when their resident know it all goes down by his own devices

cino321

Actually, just corporate UPS should be embarrassed. There is always a big uproar and backlash against Walmart and big box stores because they don't pay enough to new employees. Yet those companies offer much easier, climate controled jobs, many times with employee discount cards. UPS paying minimum wage for back breaking work with very inconsistant hours isn't just embarrassing, it's a disgrace to the company name. Seriously, think about it, minimum wage to work in a 100 degree or 0 degree trailer. What a shame it is. Worse than any big box company by far.

UPS is a union shop, we (as in the teamsters) keep signing the contracts that make sure the part timer's earn below the poverty level than that's what the company will pay them. Honestly, who should we blame?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They're all franchises Nancy.
Did you bother to read the link.
Your son is eligible to buy into their health care plan.
You and your son are committing fraud.
You can no longer claim ignorance.

Dave,

Turn yourself in!
Maybe they will give you some leniency if you get in front of this now.