2012 Minimum Wage Increase

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, I have not put him on ignore. I have said all I am going to say on the subject.

From the Papa John website:

Benefits
Workers employed by Papa John’s Pizza enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment, paid training opportunities, and career growth potential. Papa John’s associates also enjoy flexible work schedules and discounts on food and drink. Entry-level workers receive competitive base pay. Full-time associates earn exceptional salary options. Papa John’s also extends employee benefits to qualified workers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My son is 24, a FT college student and a manager at Papa John's. Before Obamacare he would have come off the insurance once he turned 23--he is now eligible for coverage until he turns 26. We have to complete a certification form prior to each semester stating that he is a full time student and indicating whether or not his employer offers health care coverage so, no, it is not up to the parents health care plan if they agree to it--they are required to do so if the "child" is not offered health care coverage from their employer.

No, I have not put him on ignore. I have said all I am going to say on the subject.

Benefits
Workers employed by Papa John’s Pizza enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment, paid training opportunities, and career growth potential. Papa John’s associates also enjoy flexible work schedules and discounts on food and drink. Entry-level workers receive competitive base pay. Full-time associates earn exceptional salary options. Papa John’s also extends employee benefits to qualified workers.

Once again, have you read the link located in upsman68's post?
By your own description, your son qualifies.
It's not too late for you to get in front of this.
For God's sakes man, save yourself!!!

Last edited:

FAVREFAN

UPS is a union shop, we (as in the teamsters) keep signing the contracts that make sure the part timer's earn below the poverty level than that's what the company will pay them. Honestly, who should we blame?
I voted no to the last contract. Don't include me in "we". It was shoved down everyone's throat early. Everyone I talked to in my building was voting no too. I found it hard to believe that it actually passed by such a large margin. I trust the Union about as much as I trust the company. Not very much at all.

brownboxman

I started as a helper at peak in 1987 here in Oregon I was paid $7 per hour. I think drivers at the time were at about $15. 24 yrs later we are close to $31 and part-time are $8 something wrong there.