2012 Summer Olympics

moreluck

golden ticket member
They de-Amercanized them , but also de-fashioned them.....

.McDonalds Takes The “Americanism” Out Of Olympic Uniforms…Ugh.Via Fox News Radio:The fashion designer selected to create new uniforms for McDonalds staffers working in London’s Olympic park said he had to de-Americanize the outfits.

“We’ve taken some of the Americanism out of the uniforms,” British-born fashion designer Wayne Hemingway told Yahoo! Shine.Hemingway was selected 18 months ago to design uniforms for the 2,000 McDonalds employees who will be working at four outlets at the London Olympics.The new look includes mustard-colored skinny ties and belts for managers and lettuce-green pants for customer service assistants, Yahoo!

Shine reported. Staff members will out-fitted in mustard yellow polo shirts and pickle green shirts.

texan

U.S. women’s soccer team starts Olympics with comeback win.

The United States’ Olympic campaign got off to an inspirational start with the women’s soccer
team’s 4-2 come from behind win against France on Wednesday.

It was a rematch of the 2011 Women’s World Cup semifinal, which the U.S. won 3-1 before
losing to Japan on penalties in the final, and a difficult way to start off the group stage of
the tournament for both sides.
U.S. women’s soccer team starts Olympics with comeback win | Olympics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

texan

Here are what this years medals look like.
medals_hd.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Opening Ceremonies just started. The choreographer, Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire), knows he cannot "out-do" Beijing but also knows he has a clean slate upon which to build his vision.

P

pickup

Boy , what an attention whore the Queen is. It's supposed to be about the athletes.

Bow to the Queen, bow to the Queen. Good boys!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Boy , what an attention whore the Queen is. It's supposed to be about the athletes.

Bow to the Queen, bow to the Queen. Good boys!

I do hope that you are being sarcastic. I thought the part where Daniel Craig went to pick her up and they both jumped out of the helicopter was priceless.

P

pickup

I do hope that you are being sarcastic. I thought the part where Daniel Craig went to pick her up and they both jumped out of the helicopter was priceless.

I was being sarcastic during the last sentence. I was serious during the first two sentences.

As for that parachute drop being priceless, I am sure there was a price tag associated with that stunt. I wonder who is picking up the tab.

texan

Huh?
London 2012 Olympics: Empty seats on the opening day prompts investigation

An investigation has been launched by the London 2012 organisers Locog after
large numbers of empty seats were evident in multiple sporting venues on the
opening day of the Games.

Despite tickets for the events being sold out, television images revealed scores of
empty seats at the swimming, dressage, volleyball and tennis.
Commentators noted
the unfilled seats and members of the public who were unable to purchase tickets
took to social media websites like Twitter to express their anger.

A spokesperson for Locog said: “We are aware that some venues have empty seats
this morning. We believe the empty seats are in accredited seating areas, and we are
in the process of finding out who should have been in the seats and why they
weren’t there.”

It comes after Locog faced criticism for the number of seats being given to corporate
sponsors, Olympic officials and VIP guests.
swimming_2291548b.jpg

London 2012 Olympics: Empty seats on the opening day prompts investigation - Telegraph