moreluck

golden ticket member
97qzuv.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
(2013-12-31) — Citing the need to protect Americans from the impact of a sluggish economy, health care disruptions and international crises related to Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria and elsewhere, the White House announced today that President Obama has delayed the start of 2014 by at least a year.
Obama reportedly signed the executive order in the presidential limo on his way to a golf course in Hawaii, and likened it to “taking a mulligan for 2013,” according to unnamed White House sources.

“Rushing into a new year with the lingering problems from 2013 makes little sense,” said White House press secretary Jay Carney. “By delaying the start of 2014, the president will be able to work with Democrats in Congress to bring closure to several high profile challenges, and to help voters avoid poor choices in November.”

In an official statement, President Obama said, “My decision to delay the new year until the next new year will allow all Americans to start 2014 with a clean slate — from the chief executive on down to the lowest ordinary person.”

(this is from a humor site and not to be taken seriously)

wkmac

I thought it was 'schmucks' !!

This is why I love this site, spell check is one of the all inclusive benefits.

Where I come from we just cut to the quick and call it "dumb asses" but I figured that would get moderated since that might be construed as a personal attack.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is why I love this site, spell check is one of the all inclusive benefits.

Where I come from we just cut to the quick and call it "dumb asses" but I figured that would get moderated since that might be construed as a personal attack.
This was "moreluck check" not spell check. I thought it looked funny as smucks. Everyone knows smucks are the heirs of the Smucker Jelly & Jam Empire.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
This was "moreluck check" not spell check. I thought it looked funny as smucks. Everyone knows smucks are the heirs of the Smucker Jelly & Jam Empire.
Actually the heirs are Smucker. I delivered to one of them when I was still driving. They were very nice people.

As far as the Rick Scott get richer quick scheme, it was struck down,

wkmac

Since we have started a new year, just a brief consideration and observation before we move forward.

Some people have claimed that the most recent Congress is the worst in American history. Then other people claim the current President is the worst in American history. Combined, many would say this is a horrible situation for America to currently be in. Some again say it's the worst in history.

I absolutely disagree. In fact if both points are true, I think this is the greatest moment in the history of America. Why?

It represents a teaching moment and it would seem more and more Americans are starting to learn!