2018 Contract leaks

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Robsmy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

Well just like I was told by a good source last year. UPS is going to do anything g it can to change a lot of language in the upcoming contract . The main one is going to be Sunday work. Yes we will be working on Sundays I can almost guarantee that . I’m sure not all of us but a handful of routes will be Sun thru Thurs . Now I hope our negotiators will be smart about and not change that we are entitled to double pay for any work performed on sundays .I am not for this in any way but I know UPS will get their way by threatening that competition is doing this and if we don’t there will be layoffs (which is bull:censored2:). Just what they said about Saturdays.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

UPS sure like to bark a lot and talk a big game until they're called to act on their bull:censored2:. I've seen it too many times. Layoffs? Lol! They have a hard enough time keeping drivers to run their operation as it is.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

That’s the tactics they used to get Saturday as a workday. They said amazon and 3 other big shippers will shift work to competition. I was like that’s bull:censored2: because the competition can’t even handle amazons volume as it is that’s why amazons uses multiple carriers Ups just thinks we are all dumb truck drivers I think

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Sunday would be a regular day and would be paid at straight time if you are scheduled to work.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • List
  5. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Probably wouldn't happen for many years. Saturday delivery was in a few contracts before it started.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

im guessing residental only and no air, businesses

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

And unfortunately I have been at this hell hole for over 25 years and most of the bull:censored2: they say does actually happen

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

My center literally can't afford to fire people and they want to threaten layoffs?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. wide load

wide load 4 10’s without OT is a concession.

State law in RI is Sunday will be 1.5X

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

Really that’s good to know. Even for part time people working at like McDonald’s

11. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

That is mostly feeder driver language and some do work tues thru sun and have been for years

12. wide load

wide load 4 10’s without OT is a concession.

I believe the only exemption is retail.

13. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

AF851040-72BB-41CD-A39E-E33917A5D750.jpeg Here for those that have disagreed with this post

14. Box Ox

Box Ox Off Leveling Up IRL. Much <3 To Union Hourlies

Why would UPS negotiate 40 hour workweeks?

And do they they want work weeks of Sunday+any five days, five days including Sunday, four 10 hour days, or three 13.5 days? Seems to be all of the above.

15. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Hell! We haven't got Saturday here yet. Not even a mention. Now they want Sunday too? I am so glad we are no where near a city

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building has had Sunday thru Thursday Feeder runs for at least the last 10 years. I believe most Feeder Team runs start either Saturday or Sunday. I can not see Sunday ground delivery for any time soon.

17. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

Where is your center I will transfer Bye where will I fit on seniority list. I started in 11/89

18. Robsmy

Robsmy Member

Omg. We all said that about Saturday ground. Thinking will never happen because all businesses are closed But frankly these people keep ordering :censored2: daily from paper towel to :censored2:s and these companies love to compete on having the quickest shipment . We will be overflowing g with work. Now lazy America will be getting their groceries delivered ups soon .. and people wonder why USA is one of the fattest countries lol

19. von kaiser

von kaiser Knock, drop, and roll

Gotta admit, 4 day work week sounds pretty nice

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

No OT?