2018 contract. Steward said 2 yrs?

Nike

Doubt UPS will do much to improve the driver's side of the contract. Let's be real, driver jobs are few and far between, when they do open they usually fill fast. Why would UPS do anything there when realistically they seldom struggle to fill driver roles? It's the part time ranks they should be concerned about, especially our preloads, as it's increasingly more and more difficult to get quality employees in to do that sort of work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Doubt UPS will do much to improve the driver's side of the contract. Let's be real, driver jobs are few and far between, when they do open they usually fill fast. Why would UPS do anything there when realistically they seldom struggle to fill driver roles? It's the part time ranks they should be concerned about, especially our preloads, as it's increasingly more and more difficult to get quality employees in to do that sort of work.
Really?

I know plenty of centers that can not fill
Driver positions even with off the street hires.

Few years back my center needed to hire 12-15 drivers. 2 part timers wanted to attempt it. One quit first day alone. Took them months to get 10 applications off the street. 4 of those 10 were good enough and stuck around. One of those got fired for stealing a few months in and another quit within a year.

takesteady

Doubt UPS will do much to improve the driver's side of the contract. Let's be real, driver jobs are few and far between, when they do open they usually fill fast.

Yeah, this contract should really be about the part timers. At least raise the starting pay to 15 an hour. For some context, Walmart is now paying new employees 11 an hour. People on here wonder why their load is so :censored2:ed up and why so many part timers quit, well this is the reason. I'm a full time driver, but I think its kind of disgraceful how the union and UPS neglect part time employees and then wonder why the quality of their work has decreased over the years.

john chesney

Newer to ups. My 1 year is coming up as a full time driver. My steward came to me and said There doing a 2 year progression and I'll be grandfathered in. I of course was excited to be top rate out of left field having no idea what he was talking about. So I told my wife, and we start looking into it. The contract hasn't gone through yet... not till july, so how would my steward know this is a definite thing? I have major doubts this is going to happen. And don't understand what my raise for this year would be either. I Should be getting bumped to 19.50 in the next month, but if its a new grandfathered contract?? Also again, why would my steward say this as it's a for sure thing if contracts won't be posted till july.

Can anyone chime in because I'm not understanding.

I appreciate it.
Michigan ups
Delivery by the methods focus on your own safety and others. Don’t wreck the truck or as we call them package car. Forget about any rumors you here. You will get paid well,I’ve complained about everything but that. Now dismissed

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yeah, this contract should really be about the part timers. At least raise the starting pay to 15 an hour. For some context, Walmart is now paying new employees 11 an hour. People on here wonder why their load is so :censored2:ed up and why so many part timers quit, well this is the reason. I'm a full time driver, but I think its kind of disgraceful how the union and UPS neglect part time employees and then wonder why the quality of their work has decreased over the years.
This will be excellent for day/night/twilight sorts here but preload/load quality still sucks and wont be fixed or even really improved by a wage increase. There's just so many time-wasting scenerios, backwards methods and feeder/network/rate and spacing of volume issues going on right now that we really need a complete rework of this shift entirely.

bumped

Really?

I know plenty of centers that can not fill
Driver positions even with off the street hires.

Few years back my center needed to hire 12-15 drivers. 2 part timers wanted to attempt it. One quit first day alone. Took them months to get 10 applications off the street. 4 of those 10 were good enough and stuck around. One of those got fired for stealing a few months in and another quit within a year.

We are down 15 drivers right now. 1 going to be retiring in a few months and 2 more with a date for feeders coming up. No one wants to do this job.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Beards are in right now too but company policy is company policy.

It still astounds me though that at one point in time mustaches were considered a professional look. Lol
Always thought Steve Harvey was the Tom selleck of the mustache kings for black people...