2018 contract Teamcare for retirees

crazyeyes

The retirees really got their healthcare slashed this contract. Plus having to pay $400 a month, for a family in premiums. If the retirees are paying $400 a month now, how much will retirees be paying in 5 years? 10 years?

plus the benefits are not as good as the active workers. Does anyone have any idea how the retiree healthcare plan should be changed ? I would like to hear them. Maybe some people just wants to keep working until they are 65, but your body has to make it, mine did not. I know it was my fault for not following the methods.

The retirees really got their healthcare slashed this contract. Plus having to pay $400 a month, for a family in premiums. If the retirees are paying $400 a month now, how much will retirees be paying in 5 years? 10 years?

plus the benefits are not as good as the active workers. Does anyone have any idea how the retiree healthcare plan should be changed ? I would like to hear them. Maybe some people just wants to keep working until they are 65, but your body has to make it, mine did not. I know it was my fault for not following the methods.
I agree. All retires should be grandfathered in.
Many of the pensions are in bad shape, then you throw in the wild card of how much health insurance will cost.
How do you know if you can really afford to retire?

T dog

The new contract should have all regions with an age of 52 as the minimum age for retiree health plan eligibility instead of the 55 in certain regions with all the different exceptions.

govols019

You smell that?
Our retiree insurance has a $210,000 a year cap...that's ridiculous. If someone retires and then gets cancer, they are screwed both physically and financially.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Our retiree insurance has a $210,000 a year cap...that's ridiculous. If someone retires and then gets cancer, they are screwed both physically and financially.
Wow.. more than double ours.. what you're calling ridiculous would be great here... Cancer ?... get a hang nail and a week stay in the hospital and you're screwed

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It's about $700 per couple here. A tad cheaper when you qualify for Medicare as your primary.

twoweeled

Hopefully this contract everyone that is retired will be grandfathered in.
The retirees became the garbage disposal for contract negotiations last contract. I'm certain nothing will change this contract coming up. Sad, but active employees forget they will have to deal with the retiree plans soon. The only concern the IBT has, is that retirees can't vote. That is something that should be changed. I don't know why retirees can't vote. I'm sure someone knows the history behind that. That change alone, would change things drastically. Some Unions do allow retirees to vote. Strange ours doesn't.

BrownFlush

The retirees became the garbage disposal for contract negotiations last contract. I'm certain nothing will change this contract coming up. Sad, but active employees forget they will have to deal with the retiree plans soon. The only concern the IBT has, is that retirees can't vote. That is something that should be changed. I don't know why retirees can't vote. I'm sure someone knows the history behind that. That change alone, would change things drastically. Some Unions do allow retirees to vote. Strange ours doesn't.
Good question that needs answered , and answered by retirees voting .

MC4YOU2

The contract proposal two contracts back (07?) had the language that screwed the "unborn", meaning that future employees would have to go through a 4 year ft progression to top rate and wait a year for health insurance. Artful maneuver on UPS part that the Teamsters swallowed up. Then screw the retirees and create tension between the three groups. It's been a divide and conquer technique forever at UPS. And still, the Teamsters negotiators never seem to see it coming. Or care.

trickpony1

It's about $700 per couple here. A tad cheaper when you qualify for Medicare as your primary.

You can get the union insurance you had when you were an active employee after you retire and are on medicare with a supplement?

EDIT: you can use your old, active teamster insurance as a supplement to medicare?

twoweeled

The contract proposal two contracts back (07?) had the language that screwed the "unborn", meaning that future employees would have to go through a 4 year ft progression to top rate and wait a year for health insurance. Artful maneuver on UPS part that the Teamsters swallowed up. Then screw the retirees and create tension between the three groups. It's been a divide and conquer technique forever at UPS. And still, the Teamsters negotiators never seem to see it coming. Or care.
Could the Teamster negotiators be that ignorant? I think not. I believe Teamster negotiators are well aware of it. they've been dividing and conquering us since they came out with those BS $1000 bonuses. They appealed to the part timers with that bonus, and got their vote with that.
We all saw it. Our "leaders" still fed it to us, and go those contracts passed.
Either our negotiators are working with the company to pass the worse contract we'll accept, or our negotiators are the biggest group of inept negotiators around.
I have yet to feel the tension and dislike between UPS and The Teamster's, that we felt between UPS and Teamster's Carey. That was tension! No playing golf and having drinks between them!!

MC4YOU2

You can get the union insurance you had when you were an active employee after you retire and are on medicare with a supplement?

EDIT: you can use your old, active teamster insurance as a supplement to medicare?

It's retiree insurance. Out in the West it's called RWT Retirees Welfare Trust. It's your primary, if you choose it, until your're eligible for Medicare, at which point the RWT let's Medicare take over as primary and your premiums drop by about $100 overall while paying for Medicare.

BrownFlush

Could the Teamster negotiators be that ignorant? I think not. I believe Teamster negotiators are well aware of it. they've been dividing and conquering us since they came out with those BS $1000 bonuses. They appealed to the part timers with that bonus, and got their vote with that.
We all saw it. Our "leaders" still fed it to us, and go those contracts passed.
Either our negotiators are working with the company to pass the worse contract we'll accept, or our negotiators are the biggest group of inept negotiators around.
I have yet to feel the tension and dislike between UPS and The Teamster's, that we felt between UPS and Teamster's Carey. That was tension! No playing golf and having drinks between them!!
Enjoyed the Carey days. Actual representation and real gains . BS from UPS was zero to very limited . I was naive and thought it would only get better and define the Teamsters for a long time.