2018 Raises

whatwhat

Its that time of year, the time where we are start to speculate about next years raises. The 2017 raises thread had 41 pages, so might as well start a new one for next years. What do you think they will be? Will they continue to follow the step plan? If someone has seen the chart for next year, post it! lol.

Oldfart

I predict Tupac and all the other naysayers will do just what they did before this raise. Whine, complain and accuse the company of giving them a raise and then taking it back the next week or so. And of course tex will complain about how a manager lied to him in 1995 and how every manager he ever worked for had it in for him.

Oh yea. Insurance just might go up $15 a month and people who just got a $1.50 an hour raise will somehow say the insurance increase just took away ALL of their raise. Just like some did this year. Those people just might need a calculator for Christmas.

whatwhat

I predict Tupac and all the other naysayers will do just what they did before this raise. Whine, complain and accuse the company of giving them a raise and then taking it back the next week or so. And of course tex will complain about how a manager lied to him in 1995 and how every manager he ever worked for had it in for him.

Oh yea. Insurance just might go up $15 a month and people who just got a $1.50 an hour raise will somehow say the insurance increase just took away ALL of their raise. Just like some did this year. Those people just might need a calculator for Christmas.

This guy gets it!

!Retired!

tenor.gif

dezguy

Well, I'm glad you guys got word on what your raises will be. We still don't know if we're even getting a raise, this year.

Not so much as a mouse fart coming from HQ.

fatboy33

Its that time of year, the time where we are start to speculate about next years raises. The 2017 raises thread had 41 pages, so might as well start a new one for next years. What do you think they will be? Will they continue to follow the step plan? If someone has seen the chart for next year, post it! lol.
As long as Trump is in office, they have no excuses not to give raises in 2018. Kinda like the situation the NRA is in. Sales, overall are down because of Trump. The excuse of, Obama..I mean Hillary is coming to take you guns is dead. That scare tactic is no more. So is the, " Business doesn't like uncertainty.." Trump will let business run wild. He will let wall street run wild and unregulated. When the poor start buying 600,000 houses again, keep an eye on you 401K. Most of you can't take another dip, so close to retirement, like in 2006. Actually, now would be a good time to look are options. Maybe Vanguard offers and Savings account to move that money over to.

Yankeefan

They told us handlers get 3% while we move to the next step. My next step raised me 44 cents or 3.1%. Which is less than what I got last year, my buddy who is one step ahead of me only got 2.2%. Not seeing the point in these steps if it's still basically 3%.

Yankeefan

That’s it? My raise was $1.78.
Yeah. I was in step 1 and he got put in step 2 last year we were only about a month apart but whatever. This year I figured I'd go up to at least what he was making right? Nope it's still like 30 cents less than what step 2 was last year. The sheet in the break room listing the steps is a lot higher than what workday is telling us our raises are. Possible it could be wrong but I'll just have to wait for next weeks check.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Yeah. I was in step 1 and he got put in step 2 last year we were only about a month apart but whatever. This year I figured I'd go up to at least what he was making right? Nope it's still like 30 cents less than what step 2 was last year. The sheet in the break room listing the steps is a lot higher than what workday is telling us our raises are. Possible it could be wrong but I'll just have to wait for next weeks check.
Your manager didn’t tell you? Mine was walking around today with a print out telling us our new pay.

Yankeefan

Your manager didn’t tell you? Mine was walking around today with a print out telling us our new pay.
He told us he think's it's "xxxx" but to check in workday which I did and what he told me is correct. There is a print out in the break room but it's vastly different then what workday is telling us. My buddy only got 31 cents going from step 2 to 3. Just seems odd that it's so low. I was under the impression moving to steps last year was to top out quicker.

Oldfart

If you went to step 2, it is very unlikely your step 2 is LESS than what step 2 was last year. It is a shame a week has gone by and people still don't know what they make.