2020 Presidential Election Mandate - GRIDLOCK

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Biden says he has a mandate (every President says that) to implement his policies.
The mandate I saw in this election is "Not Trump" ... not much of a mandate IMO.
I think the mandates Biden received are:
  • to be more civil,
  • don't Tweet,
  • stay above the political fray
  • but above all else, stop the leftward lunge of the Democrat Party.
Hopefully, the only legislation that gets passed is what is absolutely needed.

1604865087745.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Does Biden Have a Mandate? Should it Matter?

Like almost every newly elected president, Joe Biden claims he has a mandate. But does he? And should we care?

It's questionable whether Biden's victory actually proves that he enjoys widespread public support for his policy agenda.
Exit polls indicate that some 30% of those who voted for Biden say they did so primarily to oppose Trump.

So, 30% of Biden voters admit to being told what to think by forced narrative media. That's nice.

oldngray

nowhere special
Biden already has a long list of executive orders ready to go.

Will he be able to reverse Trump's EO's or will courts rule he can't like Trump with Obama's?

oldngray

nowhere special
I read it to say that 30% of the voters found Trump to be such an abrasive jerk that,
even though they agreed with his policies, they could not bring themselves to vote for him.
Exactly. People didn't like the man. Just his policies.

Compare to Biden. A nice guy. But the very definition of an empty suit.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I read it to say that 30% of the voters found Trump to be such an abrasive jerk that,
even though they agreed with his policies, they could not bring themselves to vote for him.

Meaning they only saw what forced narrative media wanted them to. How many people still believe he's a white supremacist because "very fine people on both sides"?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Biden already has a long list of executive orders ready to go.

Will he be able to reverse Trump's EO's or will courts rule he can't like Trump with Obama's?
That is a good point and it's going to be interesting!
I'm getting excited about 2021 - 2022 ... then the American citizen voters can make their mandate known.
I see the Repugs gaining in both Houses of Congress 2 years from now.
The pendulum has not swung back to center yet.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm getting excited about 2021 - 2022 ... then the American citizen voters can make their mandate known.
Off year elections usually go to the other party.

rickyb

Does Biden Have a Mandate? Should it Matter?

Like almost every newly elected president, Joe Biden claims he has a mandate. But does he? And should we care?

It's questionable whether Biden's victory actually proves that he enjoys widespread public support for his policy agenda.
Exit polls indicate that some 30% of those who voted for Biden say they did so primarily to oppose Trump.
its going to be like obama years where nothing gets done. both parties are corrupt. you will only see change if theres a movement in the streets.

Sportello

Predicting what will happen in an election that is two years out in the time of a pandemic seems useless.

The GA Senate runoff seems to be more indicative.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When 70 million people vote against you, you don't have a mandate to do anything. Especially when you're the only first term Democrat to not hold both houses in 100 years.

rickyb

obama had a mandate in 2008 and he did nothing because democrats are corrupt.

biden said he had no empathy or whatever for millenial problems like student debt, ecological collapse, and he told his donors nothign will fundamentally change.

senate is republican controlled as are hte courts.

nothign will get done. what we have to worry about is a more competent hilter type figure running for prez. trump didnt really have an ideology and was incompetent in office. he did however stir up the right wing and he showed it was easily done.

oldngray

nowhere special
obama had a mandate in 2008 and he did nothing because democrats are corrupt.

biden said he had no empathy or whatever for millenial problems like student debt, ecological collapse, and he told his donors nothign will fundamentally change.

senate is republican controlled as are hte courts.

nothign will get done. what we have to worry about is a more competent hilter type figure running for prez. trump didnt really have an ideology and was incompetent in office. he did however stir up the right wing and he showed it was easily done.
Obama had control of both Senate and House the first 2 years and wasted it ramming through Obamacare and little else. Wildly unpopular so GOP took over both House and Senate in 2010.

rickyb

Obama had control of both Senate and House the first 2 years and wasted it ramming through Obamacare and little else. Wildly unpopular so GOP took over both House and Senate in 2010.
yea he did very little. i would expect dems to do the same if they were in a similar situation today.