2020 Presidential Election - Polls Indicate a Toss-Up

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
2020 Presidential Election - Polls Indicate a Toss-Up Between Trump And Biden

Biden leads Trump by just 4 points, with Biden at 50 percent and Trump at 46 percent, according to a CNN poll released Sunday. That marks a significant shift since the poll was last conducted in June, when the Democrat led Trump by 14 points, with Biden at 55 percent and Trump at 41.

Biden's lead is evaporating as Virtual Campaigning approach fizzles in garnering voter enthusiasm.

The movement in the poll among voters is concentrated among men, who were split about evenly in June but who
now back Trump over Biden 56 to 40 percent,
and voters between the ages of 35 and 64, who tilt toward Trump now but were leaning toward Biden in June, according to CNN.

Among independents, Biden also held a 52 percent lead over Trump’s 41 percent in June, but now independents are nearly evenly divided, with 46 percent backing Biden and 45 percent supporting Trump, according to CNN.

Trump and Biden Tied in 15 Key Battleground States
The survey also includes an oversample of voters from 15 “battleground” states as determined by SSRS, which are Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin. In those states, Biden leads just 49%-48%. And among those swing state voters, Trump’s job approval rating is even better at 47% approve and 51% disapprove.

1597698806024.png

PT Car Washer

Biden leads Trump by just 4 points, with Biden at 50 percent and Trump at 46 percent, according to a CNN poll released Sunday. That marks a significant shift since the poll was last conducted in June, when the Democrat led Trump by 14 points, with Biden at 55 percent and Trump at 41.

Biden's lead is evaporating as Virtual Campaigning approach fizzles in garnering voter enthusiasm.

The movement in the poll among voters is concentrated among men, who were split about evenly in June but who
and voters between the ages of 35 and 64, who tilt toward Trump now but were leaning toward Biden in June, according to CNN.

Among independents, Biden also held a 52 percent lead over Trump’s 41 percent in June, but now independents are nearly evenly divided, with 46 percent backing Biden and 45 percent supporting Trump, according to CNN.

The survey also includes an oversample of voters from 15 “battleground” states as determined by SSRS, which are Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin. In those states, Biden leads just 49%-48%. And among those swing state voters, Trump’s job approval rating is even better at 47% approve and 51% disapprove.

View attachment 306298
So a 51% disapproval rating is a good thing? Really lowered the bar here didn't you.

oldngray

nowhere special

PT Car Washer

Don’t fall for it guys..It is a CNN poll...

Let us keep it with Biden ahead by 14 percent.
Normally an incumbent President has a huge advantage over his challenger. Normally an incumbent President had won with a majority of the popular vote. trump is less popular then Jimmy Carter was in 1980 when he was defeated by Ronald Reagan.

PT Car Washer

Unfortunately the general public didn't know Carter was a bigger idiot than Biden
Jimmy Carter was an intelligent patriot. He graduated from the US Navel Academy and was a submariner. His biggest failing was that he wasn't a politician. His term in office may have been disappointing but his accomplishments afterward have demonstrated his greatness. I guess he doesn't meet your high standards because he did not carry cardboard boxes up to a persons front door for a living. I am sure he would still respect your labor as a noble profession. Just the kind of Christian that he was.

Jimmy Carter was an intelligent patriot. He graduated from the US Navel Academy and was a submariner. His biggest failing was that he wasn't a politician. His term in office may have been disappointing but his accomplishments afterward have demonstrated his greatness. I guess he doesn't meet your high standards because he did not carry cardboard boxes up to a persons front door for a living. I am sure he would still respect your labor as a noble profession. Just the kind of Christian that he was.
I am not questioning him being a good person but with that being said that does not make him a good leader and he was not

PT Car Washer

I am not questioning him being a good person but with that being said that does not make him a good leader and he was not
The US Navy thought he was a good enough leader to serve as an Officer on a US nuclear submarine carry nuclear weapons. Do you trust trump with the nuclear codes to start WW III? I am sure the Pentagon doesn't. Or the rest of his National Security Council from what former members have reported.

Box Ox

The US Navy thought he was a good enough leader to serve as an Officer on a US nuclear submarine carry nuclear weapons. Do you trust trump with the nuclear codes to start WW III? I am sure the Pentagon doesn't. Or the rest of his National Security Council from what former members have reported.

No small thing. The host of one of my subscribed YouTube channels recently boarded and explored the USS Toledo, a Fast Attack Nuclear Submarine during ICEX 2020, which "provides the opportunity for the Submarine Force to demonstrate combat and tactical readiness for sustained Arctic operations in the unique and challenging Arctic environment.”

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I always liked Jammy but I thought his type of leadership didn’t work well in the position of the President ... because it takes Other types of leadership like you see in
1) JFK, Reagan and Obama based on PERSONALITY
2) FDR, LBJ based on LEVERAGING RELATIONSHIPS
3) Bushes, Reagan, and Nixon surrounding yourself with DEEP EXPERIENCE albeit not always broad experience.

The big package

I've gained a lot of respect for Jimmy Carter over the last several years . He is still doing work to benefit the country and he's in his 90s , Obama , no pay no help , don't care , Obama gone !!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I've gained a lot of respect for Jimmy Carter over the last several years . He is still doing work to benefit the country and he's in his 90s , Obama , no pay no help , don't care , Obama gone !!!!
Jammy is definitely a good model for positive work for Democracy and getting things done for the lower class ... I've helped on several of his Habitat For Humanity here in Georgia.

I campaigned for him in his last run for Governor of Georgia and his first run for President (Speaking as a High School Student Leader and handing out pamphlets and going door to door both times).
Somewhere along the way, I went from political involvement to detesting politics which is my current status.

newfie

View attachment 306298

meanwhile the liberal press was fixated on a moment when trump and Melania walked down the crew stairs of air force one and melania would not hold the donalds hand.

riveting real news to feast on

fishtm2001

meanwhile the liberal press was fixated on a moment when trump and Melania walked down the crew stairs of air force one and melania would not hold the donalds hand.

riveting real news to feast on
As of yesterday , Biden was ahead by 8.2 points in the polls of polls. That includes the outlier CNN poll from the weekend which showed the race tightening substantially with Biden only ahead by 4 points. None of the other weekend polls had that result. CBS/YouGov shows a 10 point lead. T he Washington Post/ABC poll has Biden ahead by 12 points. The NBC/WSJ poll has him ahead by 9. Last week’s Marist poll has Biden up by 11.