2022 Peak Season

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So far I've noticed that they are forwarding Volume for delivery on Saturday, which, in my area, we don't normally have Saturday ground delivery yet. Came in this morning with twice the normal volume for my businesses that aren't open on Saturdays.

542thruNthru

In my area all PVDs are T-S. Volume is low right now and routes are being cut. Management tried to eliminate certain routes for peak and give to just PVDs but the union put a stop to it.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
In my area all PVDs are T-S. Volume is low right now and routes are being cut. Management tried to eliminate certain routes for peak and give to just PVDs but the union put a stop to it.
Supervisors acting tough here since volume light ..it’s just the calm before the storm 😎
They’ll be scrambling soon
🧔‍♂️✊

GenericUsername

We had routes sitting and preload wrapped an hour late today because of call-outs and people not showing up. A belt that normally has 12 people + supervisors on it today had a total of 7 people. Boxes were piled everywhere. One guy almost got crushed by a Christmas tree. Why do we bother staffing Saturdays when people aren't showing up Monday? All the extra drivers who work Saturday could work Monday instead and put all of the routes in... and we'd be fine.

HyperBrn

Got a taste of what Peak will be like today. We had 2-4 extra trailers today due to a snowstorm that impacted our area Thur-Fri last week. Had about 14k vol on a day we were expecting 10.5k. One of our seasonals didn't show (not sure if call in or not) and another gave up the ghost later in the day. Gonna be a rough peak for us if they keep dropping at this pace.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In NorCal, volume so light we advanced a bunch of Tuesday’s trailers just to prevent needing to cut routes. I agree that volume will increase but unfortunately so will the amount of PVD’s.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Letter sent to everybody from the union practically begging them not to take an RO, insist on their bid route work, and of course demand their 8 hours in addition to demanding extra work from PVDs who are working later than them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
supervisors have to be getting some kind of kick back or bonus for this…I thought Saturday drivers would only be a certain percentage of drivers and only 22.4s that’s it.

SMH
🧔‍♂️✊
A lot of it these days is the tail wagging the dog.
Good example is grocery stores are worried about metrics which show people are switching to cheaper generic brands... So they raise the prices on generic, offer discounts on the name brand, even occasionally removing or failing to restock the generics in order to drive that number down. At the cost of customers literally switching stores as a result.

HavenoEDD

They threw some helpers at the guys who wouldn’t say no earlier today. Sups and manager scrambling because loaders quitting and driver call outs. Add cuts for PVDs.
Not peak yet but didn’t get out of building for a while..it was funny to see the young bucks scrambling in their trucks so they can be gone for dinner with wifey.