22.3 (inside full time) going to 18 months seniority over 20 year sen. On Topic

is this happening in your building?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

UPS PT VET

HELP I have a PROBLEM. Lathrop CA is a new building, about 18 months in operation. A lot of high seniority “10-20 year” part timers followed their work there, ALL others hired off the street (around90%). A lot of these off the street people went on to be drivers and starting obtaining Full Time seniority. Now that UPS is starting to create and post 22.3 (inside full time) jobs these people with 18 months company seniority are bidding back into the building taking the 22.3 jobs and leaving the 10-20 year part time employees with NO path to inside full time work! I AM PISSED!! The contract seems to be written in their favor *North CA Sort Rider pg83 Letter of understanding “1. All Article 22.3 jobs shall be first bid to full time employees and secondarily to part time employees.” BUT the National Master states *pg67 Article 22 Sec.3 “The parties agree that providing Part Time employees the opportunity to become full time employees is a priority of this Agreement.” Is there any way around this in the contract?!? If not who can I call about this? This is wrong!!! My people are getting screwed! Is anyone else going through this? It seems the Northern CA contract personal has taken it upon themselves to write in the Full time over Part time seniority with 22.3 positions because I cannot find it in the Masters. Am I missing something? This has to change, where do I start? (I spoke with my B.A. they said “it’s the contract.” And if I have any ideas on how to address it to let him know) PLEASE HELP!

UPS Preloader

HELP I have a PROBLEM. Lathrop CA is a new building, about 18 months in operation. A lot of high seniority “10-20 year” part timers followed their work there, ALL others hired off the street (around90%). A lot of these off the street people went on to be drivers and starting obtaining Full Time seniority. Now that UPS is starting to create and post 22.3 (inside full time) jobs these people with 18 months company seniority are bidding back into the building taking the 22.3 jobs and leaving the 10-20 year part time employees with NO path to inside full time work! I AM :censored2:!! The contract seems to be written in their favor *North CA Sort Rider pg83 Letter of understanding “1. All Article 22.3 jobs shall be first bid to full time employees and secondarily to part time employees.” BUT the National Master states *pg67 Article 22 Sec.3 “The parties agree that providing Part Time employees the opportunity to become full time employees is a priority of this Agreement.” Is there any way around this in the contract?!? If not who can I call about this? This is wrong!!! My people are getting screwed! Is anyone else going through this? It seems the Northern CA contract personal has taken it upon themselves to write in the Full time over Part time seniority with 22.3 positions because I cannot find it in the Masters. Am I missing something? This has to change, where do I start? (I spoke with my B.A. they said “it’s the contract.” And if I have any ideas on how to address it to let him know) PLEASE HELP!

In most area’s of the country, a FT employee with any amount of seniority, even if it’s only one day, has more seniority than a PT employee.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
HELP I have a PROBLEM. Lathrop CA is a new building, about 18 months in operation. A lot of high seniority “10-20 year” part timers followed their work there, ALL others hired off the street (around90%). A lot of these off the street people went on to be drivers and starting obtaining Full Time seniority. Now that UPS is starting to create and post 22.3 (inside full time) jobs these people with 18 months company seniority are bidding back into the building taking the 22.3 jobs and leaving the 10-20 year part time employees with NO path to inside full time work! I AM :censored2:!! The contract seems to be written in their favor *North CA Sort Rider pg83 Letter of understanding “1. All Article 22.3 jobs shall be first bid to full time employees and secondarily to part time employees.” BUT the National Master states *pg67 Article 22 Sec.3 “The parties agree that providing Part Time employees the opportunity to become full time employees is a priority of this Agreement.” Is there any way around this in the contract?!? If not who can I call about this? This is wrong!!! My people are getting screwed! Is anyone else going through this? It seems the Northern CA contract personal has taken it upon themselves to write in the Full time over Part time seniority with 22.3 positions because I cannot find it in the Masters. Am I missing something? This has to change, where do I start? (I spoke with my B.A. they said “it’s the contract.” And if I have any ideas on how to address it to let him know) PLEASE HELP!

Have these part-timers go drive like everybody else

cachmeifucan

They are working the system I suggest go driving then bid to 22.3 like others. I tell people in my building all the time but most don't want to drive for multiple reasons

BigBrown1234

I’m addressing this issue too.
We have members not physically capable to go driving due to a disability stopping them from passing the DOT. Yet they have 20 years company seniority.
I personally think it’s ridiculous that a full time driver with 1 total years seniority can out bid someone with 20 years just because they are part time. If they wanted to drive then why don’t they stay drivers.

I have no idea why they separate the bids by part time, full time. If I don’t want to ever go package but I want to go feeder. It boggles my mind why I have to wait for all the FT employees to bid first then I get the scraps if any are left.

I was told in North Bay they bid 22.3 to PT first, but I haven’t confirmed

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I have no idea why they separate the bids by part time, full time. If I don’t want to ever go package but I want to go feeder. It boggles my mind why I have to wait for all the FT employees to bid first then I get the scraps if any are left.

I was told in North Bay they bid 22.3 to PT first, but I haven’t confirmed
It's always been that full timers get first crack at full time positions here. Do the time...simple as that.

I doubt North Bay 22.3 goes to PT first. Our building is in the same local as North Bay, and here it's always been full timers trump part time for 22.3 jobs. I had one of those 22.3 jobs for 3 years. Needed 20 years full time seniority to even get near that job.

Karma...

the logical and fair solution is to convert part time years to full time years...ex.....10 pt years converts to 5 ft years.....very very simple and it would help address all the animosities between pt and ft....

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Your title is misleading.

Mr. Marshall

At our building most of the new crappy 22.3 with the potential for the long break went to part-timers and the vacated positions go to full-timers. There is some formula as to what goes to who but almost all or maybe even all of them went to part-timers.