22.3 Inside/Inside Pay? NY State

James31

Hi,

I have just been offered an Inside/Inside 22.3 position in NY state(Local 177). I have been with the company for 15 years(all part-time). Loader for the first 5, Air-Driver for the last 10. Any idea what my starting pay-rate would be for an Inside/Inside position? I read the Union book, but I'm still a bit confused. I started at $9.50 back in 2002.
Thanks for the help everyone! James

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
FlamboyantBrownBadger-max-1mb.gif

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Payrate is in your contract supplement.

I guess it's easier to sign up for an internet forum than it is to go online and download the master and area supplement.

I doubt it's a new hire, 22.3 jobs in my building take at least 5 years full-time usually closer to 10.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hi,

I have just been offered an Inside/Inside 22.3 position in NY state(Local 177). I have been with the company for 15 years(all part-time). Loader for the first 5, Air-Driver for the last 10. Any idea what my starting pay-rate would be for an Inside/Inside position? I read the Union book, but I'm still a bit confused. I started at $9.50 back in 2002.
Article 41 section 3 of the master

"Section 3. Full-time Inside Wages
The rates in this Section shall not apply to any full-time inside jobs
guaranteed in Article 22, Section 2 created prior to August 1, 1997.
Rather, for employees entering those jobs, Article 41, Section 2 (c)
above shall apply.
Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth
below who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section
shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage
increases.
Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job cov-
ered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate
until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below
exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time
start date for purposes of applying the progression set forth below.
A part-time employee shall not lose the red circle protection provid-
ed by this paragraph as a result of transferring from one full-time
inside job to another full-time inside job.
Start $15.00
Seniority plus 12 months $16.00
Seniority plus 24 months $17.00
Seniority plus 36 months $20.00
Seniority plus 48 months Top Rate
The Top Rate shall be $26.74 plus the general wage increases pro-
vided in Section 1 above.
For employees who are currently in the above progression as of the
date of ratification, Article 41 Section 3 of the prior Agreement shall
continue to apply. When the progression is completed, the employ-
ee shall be placed at the then current top rate and shall thereafter be
eligible to receive the general wage increases beginning on the next
date specified in Article 41, Section 1."

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hi,

The language you're looking for, is Article 41 Section 3 of the National Master.

page 157

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

That's pre-tax.

Payrate is in your contract supplement.

Feeders, package, 22.2, other insiders, and pre-1982 part-timers, are definitely

supplemental or state rider.

I guess it's easier to sign up for an internet forum than it is to go online and download the master and area supplement.

I doubt it's a new hire, 22.3 jobs in my building take at least 5 years full-time usually closer to 10.

Looks like he's a 15 year part-timer.

So he would be red-circled at his current rate.... until wage progression catches up.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Article 41 section 3 of the master

"Section 3. Full-time Inside Wages
The rates in this Section shall not apply to any full-time inside jobs
guaranteed in Article 22, Section 2 created prior to August 1, 1997.
Rather, for employees entering those jobs, Article 41, Section 2 (c)
above shall apply.
Part-time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth
below who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section
shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage
increases.
Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job cov-
ered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate
until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below
exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time
start date for purposes of applying the progression set forth below.
A part-time employee shall not lose the red circle protection provid-
ed by this paragraph as a result of transferring from one full-time
inside job to another full-time inside job.
Start $15.00
Seniority plus 12 months $16.00
Seniority plus 24 months $17.00
Seniority plus 36 months $20.00
Seniority plus 48 months Top Rate
The Top Rate shall be $26.74 plus the general wage increases pro-
vided in Section 1 above.
For employees who are currently in the above progression as of the
date of ratification, Article 41 Section 3 of the prior Agreement shall
continue to apply. When the progression is completed, the employ-
ee shall be placed at the then current top rate and shall thereafter be
eligible to receive the general wage increases beginning on the next
date specified in Article 41, Section 1."

Beat me to it. :biggrin:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Somehow I missed all the information in his first post.

Doesn't air driver pay like $28 an hour at top rate? Where I am he would be red circled at that rate until progression passes it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Maybe correct, I also missed that. I dont know if that 28/hr carries over from art 40, always thought it was an exclusive article. If that is not the case , I'd stay part time and use seniority to my advantage for extra work or perhaps better open routes.
Somehow I missed all the information in his first post.

Doesn't air driver pay like $28 an hour at top rate? Where I am he would be red circled at that rate until progression passes it.

opie

Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old thread. But I am in a similar situation. I also am in local 177. Coming from a PT bid air driver job to FT 22.3 inside/inside job. The whole transfer has been chaotic due to HR gone and management handling everything. Orginally was incorrectly classified as a outside/inside 22.3, pay was cut. But after I noticed, told management, and the classification was was corrected to inside/inside. But my pay is significantly less still. And currently there is an inquiry to find out what I am entitled to. From my understanding I should have kept my air rate, as when going to PT to FT, you are supposed to get red-circled if your payrate is higher. This does not apply to outside/inside. But the inside only 22.3 jobs does have its own payscale and progression. Has anyone here gone from a bid air job to 22.3 inside only job?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-172006_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-172006_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 101

Eazy38

Im going through something similar, I was pt for 9yrs on local sort and ran sat air I bid a 22.3 inside/out job was not red circled on my air rate had to go through progression for the 2nd time. And now this is my 4th yr on this job witch is customer counter then sort then shuttle air to another center witch takes all of 2.5 hrs but the labor guy says I’am under article 40 so I stay at my pt inside rate for all time inside and air pay for the shuttle witch was not told this taking this job thinking the whole 4yrs I was going to be at top inside rate while inside so now I lose the $15 on the hr. So my question is does anyone know how I can find out what classification I fall under?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I guess when people are offered jobs these days...

They never ask questions directly to the individuals making said offer at said time.

Eazy38

Well, it’s not like ups has a competent HR that can answer these questions.
That is deff the truth, My center mngr told me they subbed HR & payroll outl!! Sorry guys just new to the site and didn’t wanna keep rambling on. I Just came here for some advise I figured I’d get roasted anyway.lol It’s just a shame I pay monthly dues to a so called union that just ends up siding with the co in the end anyway!!! So that yellow piece of paper isn’t even worth the ink I write my concerns with!!! Just thought I’d share how I’m getting screwed with the rest of us. Oh and P.s “THERS SOMTHING TO SEE HERE…COME ALONG” have an email from the center manger to a part time sup when I grieved the red circle situation for the air progression, Stating that I would ultimately make more on the inside than I would on outside! So the said question was asked to the said person at the said time!!!

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
That is deff the truth, My center mngr told me they subbed HR & payroll outl!! Sorry guys just new to the site and didn’t wanna keep rambling on. I Just came here for some advise I figured I’d get roasted anyway.lol It’s just a shame I pay monthly dues to a so called union that just ends up siding with the co in the end anyway!!! So that yellow piece of paper isn’t even worth the ink I write my concerns with!!! Just thought I’d share how I’m getting screwed with the rest of us. Oh and P.s “THERS SOMTHING TO SEE HERE…COME ALONG” have an email from the center manger to a part time sup when I grieved the red circle situation for the air progression, Stating that I would ultimately make more on the inside than I would on outside! So the said question was asked to the said person at the said time!!!
Touched a nerve huh...

Crybaby

tenor.gif

542thruNthru

I don't understand your issue and how you think the union is screwing.

What rate do you believe you should be making and in what classification?