22.3 jobs, part time or full time towards vacations?

MrMethods

In your hub, when a 22.3 employee picks vacation, do they go by part time scheduling, or full time scheduling? In my hub, 40-45 drivers, We have two 22.3 jobs that vacations are classified as part time and don’t count towards full time vacation numbers. We have one one 22.3 job that works am preload and then porters/shuttles. Then the next guy porters and shuttles air to the airport. When the am guy goes on vacation, his shift isn’t covered. If the pm guy goes on vacation it’s covered by a part timer that’s a local sort and air driver.

Ideally we would like the 22.3 positions to count towards full time vacations as it would help to allow more full timers off per week.

Someone filed on this years ago saying they should count towards full time vacations but the grievance lost at panel.

How do 22.3 vacations work at your hub?

MrMethods

In your hub, when a 22.3 employee picks vacation, do they go by part time scheduling, or full time scheduling? In my hub, 40-45 drivers, We have two 22.3 jobs that vacations are classified as part time and don’t count towards full time vacation numbers. We have one one 22.3 job that works am preload and then porters/shuttles. Then the next guy porters and shuttles air to the airport. When the am guy goes on vacation, his shift isn’t covered. If the pm guy goes on vacation it’s covered by a part timer that’s a local sort and air driver.

Ideally we would like the 22.3 positions to count towards full time vacations as it would help to allow more full timers off per week.

Someone filed on this years ago saying they should count towards full time vacations but the grievance lost at panel.

How do 22.3 vacations work at your hub?

Bump

CoolStoryBro

In my building the 22.3 guys have their own vacation list that is totally separate from drivers or part timers.

What are you trying to accomplish here? Not totally clear.

You want a driver to come in and perform the 22.3 work if the 22.3 guy is on vacation?

MrMethods

In my building the 22.3 guys have their own vacation list that is totally separate from drivers or part timers.

You want a driver to come in and perform the 22.3 work if the 22.3 guy is on vacation?

All about vacations. Trying to have the 22.3 jobs count towards full time staffing. We only have 5 full time driver vacations per week. Trying to get it to 7

MrMethods

All about vacations. Trying to have the 22.3 jobs count towards full time staffing. We only have 5 full time driver vacations per week. Trying to get it to 7

Trying to get it to *6 I meant to type.

Returntosender

Part timer comes in and covers 22.3 vacation

CoolStoryBro

Is your contract not clear in the matter? While your at it see if they can add more feeder driver vacations.

We have 3 full time vacation lists in my small building.
Feeders, 22.3's and full time drivers. Number if vacations allowed per week is a function of how many people are on the particular vacation list. Clearly stated in the contract.

Mst3k

In our building the 22.3 and part timers are lumped together with full time seniority beating part time seniority, although contract language suggests that building seniority should be the deciding factor